Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I believe Montreal was selected host for 2022 NHL draft and awards. Maybe 2023 for Ice District - I think we keep saying that each year. But certainly no point in hosting it up to this point.

When is that jersey store supposed to open - wasn't that part of the district completed a couple of years ago?

FAAnn7rWUAUmGpR

I believe Montreal was selected host for 2022 NHL draft and awards. Maybe 2023 for Ice District - I think we keep saying that each year. But certainly no point in hosting it up to this point.

When is that jersey store supposed to open - wasn't that part of the district completed a couple of years ago?

My understanding is that 'THEY' want everything to be completely done before an Allstar game and Draft arrive.

I rode my bike by tonight and it was nice to see a bunch of people on roller skates and a few skateboarders enjoying the Plaza with fire place on and some tunes. It actually had a vibe even with construction and fencing all around.

My pic doesn't capture it all, but at least 25 people there.

20210924_193052.jpg

And does anyone know what that boarded up structure with the green wrapping around covering the glass could be?

Well I did end up selling my house and I moved in to the Stantec. Just renting for a year and seeing where the market goes. However I do love living here, and I don't think I would ever want to move
Would love to hear more of your thoughts on the place! Unit size and finishes, amenities, area. Whats the pros/cons?

I just furnished a new place with 50% IKEA and like their style, value and variety. Hardly 'too suburban for me'.

We desperately need more retail options in the core, services of various kinds and alternatives for more people to keep them centrally or permit them to move there with a well served community.

We need destination retail but that boat has generally sailed to WEM and it continuous to devour any and everyone.

We don't have the central population, central workforce and clientele for certain things, but do have a high HHI and disproportionate student population in central Edmonton that needs to be better addressed.

I'd love to see an urban IKEA, an urban CdnTire and a No Frills, but the reality is that those are a short drive away and convenient for most people already. Pair that with the shift towards online/same-day delivery and the likelihood of a major new investment in expense real estate and its incredibly unlikely that we will anything.

Downtown Edmonton, like it or not, is becoming more of an entertainment, lifestyle, age-specific and cultural core than retail or shopping destination and to regain that will be incredibly difficult.

We MUST continue to focus on improving the overall experience (safety/look/feel), continue to work towards a doubling of the population to entice some retail as we develop pedestrian traffic and somehow find a way to convince 10-20k more workers/employers to relocate there if we want to even have a chance.

Getting old makes you 'murman-y', grumpy, bitter and realistic.
Last time I was in town I was absolutely floored how much it had changed since I moved three years ago. Entertainment, lifestyle, and culture, are not the things that stood out. I watched a man overdose on Jasper ave, felt at risk walking around at night, garbage everywhere, and an unprecedented level of visible homelessness and drug addiction.

The city needs to do far, far more, then just pretend it’s improving by throwing weekly festivals and farmers markets. There are systemic problems in downtown that I do not think have ever been properly addressed, or even questioned.

Maybe attempting to bring in new forms of business that service the north side isn’t a bad idea. Lord knows there’s a few large vacant CRUs lingering around that would work. Like others said, a central ikea would service half the city. Not just the local 12000. And maybe bringing in that tax revenue can go towards initiatives to properly address the more serious issues in the community.

Would love to hear more of your thoughts on the place! Unit size and finishes, amenities, area. Whats the pros/cons?
Of course. Moved in at the end of August so it hasnt even been a month yet, but wife and I really love it. We ended up renting a unit that is approx 630 square feet. It's the perfect size for us.
Nice stove/oven fridge works, Haha. The freezer part is a tad tiny. Floors, cabinets all well constructed as far as I am concerned.
There was a lot off downsizing for us coming from a house, however it was so nice to get rid of stuff. Our unit doesn't have a balcony which is ok. I really wanted a balcony but I compromised and honestly it will be winter soon and the balcony will be useless. We do have access to a 30th floor wrap around public deck area which is beautiful . Now it is shut down for the moment as they check all the glass in the building. I am not sure if you heard a while back some panes of glass broke out, so they are double checking everything. Hopefully that area opens up soon.

The amenities are amazing on the 30th floor. Great gym, great common areas, a golf simulator (which is a big reason I wanted the place haha)

Parking is great, easy access in and out. For 6 months 1 stall is free of charge. otherwise it is about 195 per stall.

Love the pedway system over to the JW and downtown city center. Apparently the Loblaws is a 2022 opening at some point with a pedway over. You don't even have to step foot outside.

Building seems well constructed. Never hear anything from the neighbors when I am in my suite.

Not really any "cons" I have right now, I am sure in time a few will pop up, but for now we couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps.

Back