Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I see that Sporting Life is going into Southgate Mall. Frustrating to have lost it from BG.
I agree. I am also surprised WEM let it get away ... but then maybe SportChek have terms in their lease that prevented WEM from leasing to a chain like that. No doubt Southgate was the preferred pick by Sporting Life and a smart choice. As we all can see Ice District is not developing based on the hype they trumpeted ... had they built the condo Tower and started with the next phase a retailer like Sporting Life might see some attractiveness. As is it looks like Katz Group have abandoned anything happening ...anytime soon. Hence Centre Centre West plans. Maybe Sporting Life will kook there, WEM or surprise us with a build out in a podium downtown like 108th and Jasper.

E81BDE24-75D6-4036-AD5D-ABC84EF0827D.jpeg
ECD98DA5-E5B1-437C-89CC-10B50D816C2E.jpeg
2E3EEF58-E196-4581-AA81-E8C87DDD1348.jpeg
49D92656-88BD-4F5F-AFDE-F94F27523E43.jpeg
DA6F8C27-12F1-4B02-B00B-790A20F33905.jpeg
305A23B7-9DCC-4979-A528-C689C3EF7798.jpeg

plaza 360 view:

I agree. I am also surprised WEM let it get away ... but then maybe SportChek have terms in their lease that prevented WEM from leasing to a chain like that. No doubt Southgate was the preferred pick by Sporting Life and a smart choice. As we all can see Ice District is not developing based on the hype they trumpeted ... had they built the condo Tower and started with the next phase a retailer like Sporting Life might see some attractiveness. As is it looks like Katz Group have abandoned anything happening ...anytime soon. Hence Centre Centre West plans. Maybe Sporting Life will kook there, WEM or surprise us with a build out in a podium downtown like 108th and Jasper.
I think Southgate is probably a very good choice. WEM is so big and can be a bit too busy at times and for those of us that do not live on the west side of the city, it can be a bit of a trip.

Perhaps there was some wait and see by City Centre for a while regarding what would happen with Ice District, but it doesn't seem to be much competition at this point. I suppose City Centre has the advantage of being there for a long time so being able to stick it out in tough times. However, they do need to get some better and more retail there to remain viable in the long run.

^^^^ It is panelized brick in a horizontal soldier course pattern. It is real brick (actually half-brick or facing brick) that is bonded to a backing panel. There are many different manufacturers for this kind of product so it would take some research to find out who this specific brick belongs to. The panels, fabricated in a factory, are very precise in terms of measurement and (as is evident in the photos) are fastened via "clips" to a metal support grid.

^^^^ It is panelized brick in a horizontal soldier course pattern. It is real brick (actually half-brick or facing brick) that is bonded to a backing panel. There are many different manufacturers for this kind of product so it would take some research to find out who this specific brick belongs to. The panels, fabricated in a factory, are very precise in terms of measurement and (as is evident in the photos) are fastened via "clips" to a metal support grid.
It's solid terracotta with no bonding panel

Back