Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'm happy that it looks like Tower B will be on this list and starting construction soon, but I hope to GOD they aren't gonna go with any of the last few iterations of the design 😂

Structurally speaking, it has to conform with what has already been designed into the base podium so don't expect any changes in massing -- the materials can change within a limited range. I expect it will substantially mirror the last iteration of design if that is what went to construction document stage.

From Saturday:

96618D71-CD6C-4380-B833-D3FB11D406BC.jpeg

With all of that glass, this corner will look great illuminated at night when CityMarket opens.

From Saturday:

View attachment 307305

With all of that glass, this corner will look great illuminated at night when CityMarket opens.
Agreed- will be helpful in creating some vibrancy that people and activity can be seen and even enhance public safety in the area as there will be good visibility to the street and plaza.

Fantastic! I wouldnt mind a couple of towers just north of the arena too. Those two don't necessarily require super heights but two somewhere around 15 floors just to give the rink a fortress feel and completion. This would be a great opportunity for that...

Doubtful.

'Tim Shipton, spokesperson for the ICE District, tells CTV News Edmonton that the city grant is just one factor that would be considered when deciding whether to begin construction on the tower this year.'

Emphasis on ONE.

You don't start a project like this because of some tax relief during construction.

Doubtful.

'Tim Shipton, spokesperson for the ICE District, tells CTV News Edmonton that the city grant is just one factor that would be considered when deciding whether to begin construction on the tower this year.'

Emphasis on ONE.

You don't start a project like this because of some tax relief during construction.
Exactly this.
Keep in mind this tax break has been in the works and yet the tower crane was still removed from site recently, this isn't an overnight process.
I don't expect any boots on the ground for the tower portion in the next year.

Wasn't one of the conditions of this tax break that the projects getting it start construction this year?

Back