Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
So, this should be slightly taller than Manulife? I imagine from many angles, it will appear to be about the same, even though it should come in 14m taller.

Aug. 25

P8250158.jpg

P8250159.jpg

Attachments

• P8250158.jpg
    P8250158.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 508
  • P8250159.jpg
    P8250159.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 495
Sept. 12 - Images from the Media Tour of ICE District

P9120059.jpg

P9120060.jpg

P9120133.jpg

P9120137.jpg

P9120139.jpg

P9120163.jpg

Attachments

• P9120059.jpg
    P9120059.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 419
  • P9120060.jpg
    P9120060.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 408
  • P9120133.jpg
    P9120133.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 426
  • P9120137.jpg
    P9120137.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 389
  • P9120139.jpg
    P9120139.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 402
  • P9120163.jpg
    P9120163.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 430
PERMIT_DATE September 14, 2017
PERMIT_NUMBER 162139487-076
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10324 - 103 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct a 4-level Phase 2 underground parkade addition to Phase 1 Frame Only, and complete construction of Ph 1 (mechanical and electrical installations) "ICE District Parkade"
BUILDING_TYPE Engineering (490)
WORK_TYPE (02) Addition
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 65,831,835
ZONING AED, AED, HA

EDC Aug. 1:

B.5. Block BG (Development Permit Application)
DIALOG - David James
P. Spearey read the comments of the Development Planner.
MOVED: H. Mapstone That Administration work with the Applicant to ensure the changes to the north and west facade maintain the intent originally presented to the Edmonton Design Committee. Administration to determine if the Applicant shall be required to make an additional presentation to the Committee.
SECONDED: F. Cavaliere
CARRIED
FOR THE MOTION:R. Labonte, T. Antoniuk, F. Cavaliere, D. Deshpande, M. Figueira, S. Kaznacheeva, H. Mapstone, A. Zepp

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/PDF/EDCMinutesAug1.pdf

Wonder if an when they will move the pathway to Ford Hall connected 103 Ave over to the freshly built area so it doesn't go through Stantec.

Is Tower B confirmed to be 160m? I'm getting different figures of 149m and 160m. SC here has an older article stating 149m while there's others that state 160m. Thanks.

@crisp I think someone has said to PCL -- lets push the alternate path to Rogers Place along -- , and I think they have brought crews down from Stantec to try and expedite that -- it is interesting to try to read between the construction "lines". I think that your observation is completely valid and that PCL has focused on creating an alternate route that would allow more progress on the Stantec Podium, bringing it to "exterior" completion. As to the Captain's question (@cpnfantstk), Tower B will be 160m and 47 storeys plus a roughly two-storey penthouse. The architectural design split is something like this: Hariri-Pontarini are the design architects for Marriott/Legends and for Tower B; Stantec are the Design Architects for Stantec/Sky; and Dialog along with Stantec are the architects-of-record dealing with production drawings and interface with the City.

@crisp I think someone has said to PCL -- lets push the alternate path to Rogers Place along -- , and I think they have brought crews down from Stantec to try and expedite that -- it is interesting to try to read between the construction "lines". I think that your observation is completely valid and that PCL has focused on creating an alternate route that would allow more progress on the Stantec Podium, bringing it to "exterior" completion. As to the Captain's question (@cpnfantstk), Tower B will be 160m and 47 storeys plus a roughly two-storey penthouse. The architectural design split is something like this: Hariri-Pontarini are the design architects for Marriott/Legends and for Tower B; Stantec are the Design Architects for Stantec/Sky; and Dialog along with Stantec are the architects-of-record dealing with production drawings and interface with the City.
Thank you. A member on another forum has said the he's seen updated drawings that put Tower B @ 150m. Skyscraper page has it at that height as well although it's just a drawing. I've always thought it to be 160m . Is there anything official from ICE District that is current and shows the height of this tower?

Interesting...Graham has been awarded the construction contract for Block BG. Totally thought PCL had the whole thing. I've reached out to find out the official height, but the press release says it's now 43 stories, so may be down to 150m.

Graham Wins Block BG Project in Edmonton's ICE District
Oct 03 2017
Relationship management and construction excellence continues to drive Graham’s pursuit successes! The Edmonton Buildings team was recently awarded the CDN$200 million contract to deliver the Block BG project, located in Edmonton’s ICE District.

ICE District is located in the heart of downtown Edmonton, and will be Canada’s largest mixed-use sports, entertainment, retail, residential and office area. The newest addition to the 25-acre development, Block BG will be a 43-storey, mixed-use tower. The space includes 568 residential suites, totaling 46,452 m2 (500,000 sq. ft.), a rooftop park, and a three-level retail podium totaling 23,225 m2 (250,000 sq. ft.), complete with grocery store, Cineplex theatre, sports bar, and boutique retailers.

Graham’s ability to complete high quality projects on-budget and ahead of schedule, in addition to the team’s methodical and thoughtful approach to project delivery, confirmed our expertise in this sector, securing the award.

Construction on this project is expected to commence in December 2017, with an anticipated completion date of April 2020.

About Graham
Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner with revenues exceeding $2.1 billion annually. Graham provides general contracting, design-build, construction management and public-private partnership (P3) services to the buildings, industrial and infrastructure sectors. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Graham has offices throughout North America and employs 1,200 professionals and office staff, as well as field capacity and self-perform experience of up to 2,000 people. Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity.

Back