Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
Loaded Pierogi -- originally was supposed to go in the Stantec food court, but who knows now. Maybe Edmonton Tower?

Makes sense seeing there's still no life in Stantec's food court

20220426_122144.jpg

strata

Member Bio
Reaction score
Loaded Pierogi is opening in ICE District next month - dunno exactly where.

Not sure where this reporter got his info, but the owner is my cousin and after texting him his response was "May? Maybe May 2023". Plan is still to go in the Stantec food court, but as the previous poster showed, they still haven't handed over the space.

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score

City of Edmonton – $750,000

Improve pedestrian areas in two key downtown locations in the Ice District to improve pedestrian safety and provide spaces that support sidewalk patios for local businesses.

CplKlinger

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

City of Edmonton – $750,000

Improve pedestrian areas in two key downtown locations in the Ice District to improve pedestrian safety and provide spaces that support sidewalk patios for local businesses.
Thanks for sharing the list, it's great to see so many improvements being funded. Anyone know where we can find a list of what other projects in the Capital Region have been funded? I'm curious to see whether nearby communities took advantage of this as much as Edmonton did.

KreationYEG

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wonder what they choose to name the plaza for playoff time. My suggestion "The oil field at Ice District."
They've had it branded Scotia bank before, you know because its the Bank District... It was for the 2020 playoff bubble and the recent hometown hockey event.

Hub1.png

Valveman

Member Bio
Reaction score
Now that the plazas open, I really hope the city considers putting in a crosswalk over 104 Ave at 103 St. This area should put pedestrians first. While you’re at it, diet 104 Ave down to 4 lanes and add a wide median with trees and art.
I don't know that a crosswalk would have much benefit to it. And that's not even considering the cost, both in $ and traffic issues.

If the intent is to get to Rogers for an event, use the WinterGarden (Ford Hall) as intended.

If the intent is other pedestrian circulation in the area, shifting one block east (to 102) or one block west (to 104) would have to be done anyway, so no significant time or convenience savings at all.

TAS

Member Bio
Reaction score
Now that the plazas open, I really hope the city considers putting in a crosswalk over 104 Ave at 103 St. This area should put pedestrians first. While you’re at it, diet 104 Ave down to 4 lanes and add a wide median with trees and art.

Will 104 Ave will be down to two lanes in each direction west of 107st once the lrt is in place?

Making the section east of 107st to four total lanes and adding those elements to 104 Ave sounds good to me.

stensby

Member Bio
Reaction score
Will 104 Ave will be down to two lanes in each direction west of 107st once the lrt is in place?

Making the section east of 107st to four total lanes and adding those elements to 104 Ave sounds good to me.

According to the project plan 104 Ave will be two lanes in each direction between 121st and 107th so it would make sense to continue that until at least 101st in my opinion.

1651459764796.png
1651459793850.png