Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, the proposed CWB building is actually fairly nice. Is is still officially 16 storeys, or are they going for the extra several floors talked about?

If they are lucky, they will also get some really good free advertising with camera shots of the area for hockey games and other events.

A lot of bank branches huddled on the ground in the district, but only one bank tower - so far. The local company may outshine all its bigger eastern competitors here.

ChazYEG

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, the proposed CWB building is actually fairly nice. Is is still officially 16 storeys, or are they going for the extra several floors talked about?

As far as we know, it's still 16 stories, but the contingency for the extra height makes me hopeful. Depends on how their expansion plans go over the next few years.

I'd love to see this rise to 21 floors, just so it would pop out more in the skyline.

nv96

Member Bio
Reaction score
When I went by the other day it did not look like it was near ready.
You have to think they are absolutely scrambling to try to get it ready. Playoffs at a location like that would be a massive money maker and really kick them off into summer on a good note.

My family owns a restaurant near the old arena. Playoff games probably damn near paid for my parent’s house

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
As far as we know, it's still 16 stories, but the contingency for the extra height makes me hopeful. Depends on how their expansion plans go over the next few years.

I'd love to see this rise to 21 floors, just so it would pop out more in the skyline.
The height will only rise above 16 storeys if we see another amended Development Permit be submitted, but who knows if that'll happen?

_urbanite

Member Bio
Reaction score
You have to think they are absolutely scrambling to try to get it ready. Playoffs at a location like that would be a massive money maker and really kick them off into summer on a good note.

My family owns a restaurant near the old arena. Playoff games probably damn near paid for my parent’s house

Coliseum Steak & Pizza?

You're parents fed me and family a few times over the years if so

Edmcowboy11

Member Bio
Reaction score
I’m guessing that places like the Molson Canadian Brewhouse could be close to opening if the Oilers make the playoffs.
I was talking to someone a bit more in the know and unfortunately that person stated that only recently contractors have gotten access to start fit up. The spaces won't be ready till more likely next season.

cmd uw

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was talking to someone a bit more in the know and unfortunately that person stated that only recently contractors have gotten access to start fit up. The spaces won't be ready till more likely next season.
If they've just started their fit out it'll be 90-days at best before they are ready to open. That takes them to end of summer/early fall.

CplKlinger

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
went by today, the walls are bare studs. Definitely next hockey season.
Wow, just think about that contrast! This season could mark the last time where the building is just a construction zone. Next season, we could go from nothing to the icehouse and the banquet for entertainment, a big grocery store for fresh food, and a bank to withdraw the money that you lose in hockey bets! Between that and the plaza, I think it'll become a very lively-feeling area even with the tower construction above.

Airboy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow, just think about that contrast! This season could mark the last time where the building is just a construction zone. Next season, we could go from nothing to the icehouse and the banquet for entertainment, a big grocery store for fresh food, and a bank to withdraw the money that you lose in hockey bets! Between that and the plaza, I think it'll become a very lively-feeling area even with the tower construction above.
There will be a couple of banks there. TD and National are there along with Scotia.