Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't imagine why TD will renovate their branch on ECC and still want to open one on ICE District, anyways.
TD on 101/102 is their main branch, tower and other associated groups ie. investment.

To have a presence in ICE District with ALL of your friends in important.

My buddy is working on the TD ICE and it is very much going forward where we were pointing to.

BASE

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good for TD; bad for Ice District.
Agreed. I was hoping for the Ice District Originals shop to go forward there. We really need a proper and visible team store in the district. My dream was to have the shop there which would be the kickoff point for arena visitor tours. Maybe they have another place they can/will put a team store.

EdmTrekker

Member Bio
Reaction score
Will there be any banks that are NOT in the ICE District?
HSBC won't be there, for sure. On that note, my banker told me they're also looking for a new place in Chinatown to consolidate the many small spaces they have at the Pacific Rim Mall.
That will be hard to find - there is not a single building to accommodate in the area. Maybe this might light a fire under the developer for the proposal to build several towers in Chinatown. There is a link somewhere here on Skyrise.

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is such a herd mentality with Canadian banks. One does something and the rest tend to copy or follow. So, I suppose it is not surprising most are going to Ice District., just like they all flocked to Unity Square.

It really doesn't make sense to me that TD would put something there and then renovate a branch just a few blocks away, but just blindly following others doesn't necessarily make sense to begin with as a good business strategy.

I suppose it is an approach that is risk adverse and not very imaginative, which is probably why bank management likes it. Hopefully some of the remaining spaces will be filled with businesses more in line with the original entertainment concept.

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
HSBC won't be there, for sure. On that note, my banker told me they're also looking for a new place in Chinatown to consolidate the many small spaces they have at the Pacific Rim Mall.
I'd love them to build a new branch in Chinatown, as there are a few vacant spots along 97th still that could use some infill development. Either that, or Yorkton finally moves ahead with redeveloping Pacific Rim Mall.