News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

Yeah, it had an initial budget of over 100M in the development and innovation I thought LESS the actual manufacturing plant.

Innovate Edmonton is moving into the first two floors of the old RBC Building at 10107 Jasper Avenue (https://www.itstartswithone.ca/edmontons-innovation-destination). They will be taking up around 18,000 square feet.
Reference ID:Job No 453848330-002
Description:Interior Alteration
Plan NB Blk 1 Lots 81-83
Applicant:PLANWORKS ARCHITECTURE INC
Create Date:11/10/2022 4:16:14 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Good find.

The release states this will be largest bio diesel plant in Canada at 20,000 barrels/ day. It's always a good news story when we can produce more high grade final product locally rather than shipping raw resources out of the province.

Bio diesel seems to be a trend- there's a 15,000 barrel/day plant proposed for Regina area.
Just yesterday I was driving down Baseline Rd for the first time in awhile and I noticed a lot of dirt being moved on the old Texaco refinery lands site that IOL owns. Didn't get a good look but I'd hope it's some sort of reclamation. Regardless always nice to see big oil continuing to invest $$$ into Edmonton area.

Just yesterday I was driving down Baseline Rd for the first time in awhile and I noticed a lot of dirt being moved on the old Texaco refinery lands site that IOL owns. Didn't get a good look but I'd hope it's some sort of reclamation. Regardless always nice to see big oil continuing to invest $$$ into Edmonton area.
Saw that too….could it be the Diesel manufacturing expansion construction? Not sure where else they put it?

Saw that too….could it be the Diesel manufacturing expansion construction? Not sure where else they put it?
I guess we’ll have to wait and find out. I’ve kind of thought given it’s only a few thousand BPD output that they were going to be retrofitting it onto some existing part of the plant as they do have some space left and have done demo to an existing building on site recently. Wish I still knew some guys at Sureway or I’d ask. They’re really in tight with IOL Strathcona.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I bet that report was copied and pasted from the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

IXON Food Technology selects Edmonton for international expansion.

Initially 20 new jobs. Not bad at all. We're starting to develop a real food technology/food production cluster here. Company is HQ'd in Hong Kong.

^Maybe I missed it but are they building or taking over an existing building at the start?
I don't know. If they are taking over an existing building, it does sound like this is new technology to the marketplace, and the articles state that they are building a new production line.

Back