News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

Ok, sure, but Edmonton is still a major market for them, a reasonably significant presence and some seriously strategic infrastructure.

janbrady calgary.JPG

There is no Calgary office…..HO is in Van. This is all a misunderstanding or a means to an end as to “why Telus built an office building with no workers. I’ve heard it’s pretty much empty. Additionally, those 8500 jobs are cable pulling, field level jobs, nothing more

There is no Calgary office…..HO is in Van. This is all a misunderstanding or a means to an end as to “why Telus built an office building with no workers. I’ve heard it’s pretty much empty. Additionally, those 8500 jobs are cable pulling, field level jobs, nothing more

Those 8500 jobs pay well, trust me, I know... They're not to be discounted by any stretch, and they're critical for their future growth plans.

Calgary is their Alberta HO, but yes Vancouver is their Canadian HO. As for here in Edmonton, as @IanO mentioned, there is some very important critical strategic infrastructure here. The Toll building for example is one of the most important buildings in Alberta and Western Canada period. However, they have reduced their presence in TELUS House (ATB Place south tower) a lot in recent years. TELUS has "showcase" buildings in Vancouver (TELUS Garden) and now Calgary (Sky), and they're building a new campus in Victoria (TELUS Ocean). As for Edmonton, nothing. We're an operations hub, that's it.

Last edited:
Those 8500 jobs pay well, trust me, I know... They're not to be discounted by any stretch, and they're critical for their future growth plans.

Calgary is their Alberta HO, but yes Vancouver is their Canadian HO. As for here in Edmonton, as @IanO mentioned, there is some very important critical infrastructure here. The Toll building for example is one of the most important buildings in Alberta and Western Canada period. However, they have reduced their presence in TELUS House (ATB Place south tower) a lot in recent years. TELUS has "showcase" buildings in Vancouver (TELUS Garden) and now Calgary (Sky), and they're building a new campus in Victoria (TELUS Ocean). As for Edmonton, nothing. We're an operations hub, that's it.
Would be nice if TELUS built a 'showcase' building here too, but that may never happen if they don't have the local office staff to fill it.

Calgary is their Alberta HO, but yes Vancouver is their Canadian HO. As for here in Edmonton, as @IanO mentioned, there is some very important critical infrastructure here. The Toll building for example is one of the most important buildings in Alberta and Western Canada period. However, they have reduced their presence in TELUS House (ATB Place south tower) a lot in recent years. TELUS has "showcase" buildings in Vancouver (TELUS Garden) and now Calgary (Sky), and they're building a new campus in Victoria (TELUS Ocean). As for Edmonton, nothing. We're an operations hub, that's it.
Couldn’t ageee more……all field level jobs no matter what the discipline pay more…..I make more than 2X than my Ops Mgr in the HO does……fact of life. My point being….there is NO 8500 white shirts sitting in the Telus Sky! I will bet my life on it…..those jobs are dudes in coveys pulling cable in ditches throughout Western Canada

Couldn’t ageee more……all field level jobs no matter what the discipline pay more…..I make more than 2X than my Ops Mgr in the HO does……fact of life. My point being….there is NO 8500 white shirts sitting in the Telus Sky! I will bet my life on it…..those jobs are dudes in coveys pulling cable in ditches throughout Western Canada
How much field infrastructure work does Telus do with their own employees vs contractors? Seems like it's rare to see an actual Telus vehicle on any given site verses a "Telus Authorized Service Provider" contractor from Chemco or Ledcor or some fly by night numbered company.

35th and some positive comments/references

Back