News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

I don't think the Edmonton media does quite the same job as in some other cities in covering success stories in the city.

So far the only story I see on this is from Global News Edmonton - but the story actually gives more air time to Calgary tech company Mob Squad (the segment begins and ends with them) with the final words of the story "...Calgary is the place to live."

Listen to global reporter Tom Vernon when he says HCL Industries is setting up shop in 'Edmonton'. He seriously says Edmonton like he is somewhat surprised, haha. But it could be my overly sensitive ears, too.

Its one of those “combo” news stories that Global does all the time, along with CTV. It runs a story that encompasses both cities at the same time. They probably led with the ModSquad guy cause he was readily available……whereas the HCL guy isn’t around

I don't think the Edmonton media does quite the same job as in some other cities in covering success stories in the city.

So far the only story I see on this is from Global News Edmonton - but the story actually gives more air time to Calgary tech company Mob Squad (the segment begins and ends with them) with the final words of the story "...Calgary is the place to live."

Listen to global reporter Tom Vernon when he says HCL Industries is setting up shop in 'Edmonton'. He seriously says Edmonton like he is somewhat surprised, haha. But it could be my overly sensitive ears, too.

That is why I stopped watching Global News a long time ago. They've always been rah-rah Calgary on the Edmonton station.
I'm curious to see what CBC, CTV and Postmedia has.

That is why I stopped watching Global News a long time ago. They've always been rah-rah Calgary on the Edmonton station.
I'm curious to see what CBC, CTV and Postmedia has.

Well at least Global had something on the HCL Technologies announcement. Although oddly the Global story has been removed and when you click on the link above, it's not found. There was nothing I could fund on ctv, cbc, EJ or the Sun. A publication in New Dehli had something though.

I guess this was not a big deal.

Hudson's Bay and Saks are now two completely separate entities and the Bay is no longer under the same ownership -- it was sold two years ago.

Hudson's Bay and Saks are now two completely separate entities and the Bay is no longer under the same ownership -- it was sold two years ago.
Saks is now cleaning up all the messes HBC made, namely, this store.

Back