News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

I will admit to ignorance of this... apparently, the first COVID-19 treatment drug - remdesivir - is made in Edmonton.

From : https://appliedpharma.ca/u-of-a-industry-partnership-poised-to-close-canadas-drug-supply-gaps/

Where the h**l is our local business media for a story like this? I bet 99% of Edmontonians have no idea that the first COVID drug is actually made in Edmonton. How can something like this basically go ignored? Where is every major national news outlet on this story? You would bet if this were Calgary, you would have front page coverage for 3 days straight....
I thought they actually produced Sovaldi….I had a friend who works there and they did some initials on it but I guess they switched over to Remdesivir…..most people in this city do t realize how big of a deal Gilead is in the world of Big BioPharma….I’m a huge fan and a huge stockholder

Sadly, Big E Tours (that little minibus) is shutting down.

They were small but mighty and were one of the few local tour operators out of Downtown.

*of note, the two founders of Big E also won the Edmonton Project (Gondola) and so their legacy will hopefully continue.

TBH I had no idea this was around. The 2 founders can now concentrate on the gondola.

Reactions: God
The Goodwill Project

Win an office in downtown YEG

As we all know these are incredibly challenging times for many businesses in our city and CommAlert wants to do their part to help. President and CEO, Tim Carwell is a passionate Edmontonian and cares deeply about the Edmonton business community. He and his company want to give back to it by providing meaningful help to a local, early stage business.

CommAlert is giving away a fully-furnished, internet-ready office space in downtown Edmonton to a deserving small business! The giveaway includes furniture and space to accommodate ~20 people, wifi and a printer.

It’s simple to apply – Click here for the application

We want to know how your business and values will change the world (or your small part of it)! We also want to know how the diverse nature of your team will help contribute to the success of this mission. Applications will be accepted until December 10th.

The entries will be shortlisted and those company founders will be invited to “live” pitch their business to a judging panel of business and community leaders on January 4th. The panel will decide that day on the business that gets to move into this office, for free, with the lease covered for two years.

Recent coverage of the Goodwill Project

City News - https://edmonton.citynews.ca/video/2021/11/21/contest-for-a-free-office-space-in-downtown-edmonton/
CTV News - https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/free-re...eed-its-office-so-it-could-be-yours-1.5673764
CBC Listen - https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-52-radio-active/clip/15879711-goodwill-project

Stay connected and help promote through these social channels
#goodwillproject #GWPyeg #payitforward #yegsmallbiz

Learn more about our panel of judges:
This is an incredible opportunity that will allow the awarded business to redirect rent money to staffing and/or to bolster their marketing activities. All the while enjoying and benefiting from a collaborative work environment right in the heart of downtown.

Please help us share!!!

Wowzers!!! Never even heard of Entos! “400M payments for each benchmark!” That’s nuts! Lilly should just buy the company outright…..normal practice for giant pharma…...

Doom and Gloom eh? Post this on YYC’s thread. Again, instead of being jealous of YYC’s push to become an “IT” hub with dozens of “fantastic” paying jobs…..

Wowzers!!! Never even heard of Entos! “400M payments for each benchmark!” That’s nuts! Lilly should just buy the company outright…..normal practice for giant pharma…...

Doom and Gloom eh? Post this on YYC’s thread. Again, instead of being jealous of YYC’s push to become an “IT” hub with dozens of “fantastic” paying jobs…..
Entos are not a one trick pony they have multiple drug developments on the go.

All of those “IT” jobs in YYC! Awwwww jeez why can’t we get those coveted “IT/Engineering jobs?” Sounds awfully suspicious of Call Center jobs being disguised / covered up / aka’d. A credit card company….geez….what else would the jobs be for? “Hello, thank you for calling HBC’s Mastercard, how may I help you?”

Meanwhile here in our lowly YEG emerging BioPharma industry we have a company (Entos) signing multi 100M deals with one of the largest NA bio company(s).

Last edited:

Back