News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

If the Port of Vancouver is truly running out of capacity, I wonder if Prince Rupert can step up and take over. That would be great for Edmonton, as we are connected to PR via the CN mainline, which would definitely help attract more logistics business.
This was played up ten or so years ago when they were increasing the capacity of the PR port. The strategic reason at the time was that the Port of Vancouver would eventually be at capacity. Would be exciting if this resulted in more business in PR.

Interesting move...

---

Edify Magazine
@EdifyEdmonton
We are creating a win/win/win by working with
@ExploreEdmonton
; we have acquired the assets of Edmonton Made and will use Edify’s extensive reach in print, digital and social to highlight members of the #EdmontonMade community. Look for a soft relaunch in Edify’s November issue.

Not sure I love this to be honest for it was a great asset, but if it's on the shelve let's do something with it.

Massive new solar farm to power Edmonton Shell refinery in effort to decarbonize operations​

$100 million investment - not too shabby. Take note of the statement that Edmonton region is very well positioned for solar resources.

Aurora Cannabis buying stake in Dutch company Growery, to provide secured loan​

Another Edmonton company expanding overseas.

Stantec to acquire select Cardno businesses to grow Environmental Services and Infrastructure footprint​

A $620 million dollar investment by Edmonton-based Stantec.

Of interest:
Adds approximately 2,750 professionals in regions and sectors that align with Stantec’s growth objectives.
  • Nearly doubles Stantec’s Australia footprint to 2,500 employees and establishes the critical mass and diversity to further accelerate growth in this region.
  • Meaningfully increases United States footprint to 10,500 employees.

Stantec is becoming a giant company.

Massive new solar farm to power Edmonton Shell refinery in effort to decarbonize operations​

$100 million investment - not too shabby. Take note of the statement that Edmonton region is very well positioned for solar resources.
I'm a bit dissapointed that it'll just be for internal use, but at the same time it will go a long ways in helping to increase the economies of scale for solar power locally, and also expose more people here to solar power as a power source which can succeed locally, so I'm still very happy with this.

Back