News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

Meh……YYC can have those 100 jobs at say $35/year. I’ll take our city’s 10B in O&G gas capital construction jobs and associated 1000’s of Operations jobs that pay north of 200K when said capital projects are completed

The Herald and YYC for that matter feed off of each other’s boner pills of marketing fodder like this…..those jobs are already pre-existing but without an article like this…YYC’ers don’t have an opportunity to pump their chests

Edmonton is very fortunate to have Servus CU, ATB and CWB (etc.) here... for yet another Bay St. has chosen Calgary.

Indeed - though I bet dimes to donuts the vast majority of staff would rather be based in Vancouver. I bet there are more wealthy people in Vancouver than in Cowtown.

Monsoon Metro versus Cowtown -- what a choice!?!
I said the employees: IMO would prefer the better weather (free from freezing -25 and snow), the ocean, the bays, the massive Fraser River. Seattle is just down the highway. YVR is a much bigger and better airport with flights to more places (a REAL hub), metro Vancouver is twice the size twice of Calgary. There is a shitload more things to do. The only thing TD really got out of the Alberta decision is lower Provincial corporate taxes for TD, lower provincial taxes its executive and senior employees making bug bucks. TD person stated "“We’re expanding the financial planning business and Calgary has the highest population of post-secondary educated people,” said Mak" - I would like to see the statistic that shows Vancouver Metro has a lower population of post secondary educated. To suggest TD only considered the municipal boundary populations meaning Calgary is bigger than Vancouver municipality is a sleight of hand - or in this case mouth.

Aurora Sky facility at EIA sold and Aurora buys Bevo:
Aurora Cannabis Inc. has signed a deal to buy a controlling interest in Bevo Agtech Inc., a supplier of vegetable seedlings and flowers.

AIMco opening an office in downtown Calgary. I love how the story in the Herald mentions it has other offices in Toronto, Luxemborg and London - but doesn't even mention the head office is in Edmonton.

Back