News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

While its eternally frustrating to see the success of the province being synonymous with the success of Calgary touted by the UCP again, the data in these reports is not even close for Edmonton. $18M VC capital raised in Edmonton, which is only $7M more than funds raised in Fredericton. For those in the Edmonton VC community that like to promote how good of a city Edmonton is in tech and AI and startups, can you shed some light on this? The private equity funding report Edmonton is even worse as Edmonton doesnt even show up.

https://www.cvca.ca/research-insight/market-reports/q1-2022-vc-pe-canadian-market-overview (both reports are found here)

Ouch. This is consistent when the tech report that we did in 2018 though, which put our sister city to the south an order of magnitude ahead with number of companies, VC dollars and employment.
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.19.35 AM.png

Q1 2022 - Venture Capital Canadian Market Overview

Call Center guy? Yup! I’m already here….but any job for YEG will never be looked down upon….Or discriminated against. I save that for all YYC boosters

For what? Keeping track of my Cummings and goings? Who are you? McLovin?
If this was you trying to be offensive, you have failed miserably.
For the record, I do have a betting book on how long you'll take to show up and. cry that we should all be fighting for more blue collar jobs, instead of IT, because they're all call centres.

Back