What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
P2270050.JPG
P2270048.JPG

PERMIT_DATE March 11, 2020
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 11303 - 105 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD QUEEN MARY PARK
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct an apartment building on an existing parkade - The Village at 105 Avenue.
BUILDING_TYPE Apartments (310)
WORK_TYPE (01) New
FLOOR_AREA 93,933
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 15,029,280

Just an observation, but these condo/apt developments have a whole bunch of ugly power lines/cables right up on their grill. ?

In the meantime anyway... I believe I read somewhere the city is planning on relocating the cables underground as part of the 105 ave rehab

edit: late to the party - already discussed in the Parks dev. thread ?

Apparently there's a rezoning to DC2 coming for this property. I'm curious as to why.

Description: To rezone from DC1 to DC2
Type: REZONING
Application ID: 361157432-002
Application Date: 4-MAY-2020

Apparently there's a rezoning to DC2 coming for this property. I'm curious as to why.

Description: To rezone from DC1 to DC2
Type: REZONING
Application ID: 361157432-002
Application Date: 4-MAY-2020

Increasing the number of units from 86 to approximately 120. No changes to building height, setbacks or stepbacks.

This one is going to Council on September 1 to a rezoning to a DC2.

The applicant has indicated that in order to respond to market demands and to adjust the
development to current economic conditions, the allowable number of residential dwellings is
proposed to increase from 86 to 120. The applicant is also requesting a slight increase in FAR
from 3.0 to 3.2 due to a recalculation of floor area on the approved permits for the building
under construction. The applicant proposes no changes to the building’s approved height,
setbacks, or architectural appearance.

Description: To construct interior and exterior alterations to a Multi-unit Housing building (increasing the # of Dwellings from 86 to 120).
Permit date: November 25, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 11303 - 105 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: QUEEN MARY PARK
Zoning: DC2

Description: To construct interior and exterior alterations to a Multi-unit Housing building (increasing the # of Dwellings from 86 to 120).
Permit date: November 25, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 11303 - 105 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: QUEEN MARY PARK
Zoning: DC2

Wow, 86 to 120 units with not floor count increase? Are the building dorms?

Back