CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
efa8f4809f896c4c7c079ab3ea4f9861.gif

Awaiting the fins, but the non-fin is not impressing me.
The non-fin portion is just to emphasize the podium to be grandeur, the fins are the accessory aspect but will give the whole thing a slightly more pronounced podium. I stated on C2E that it should have been a distance of three floors at current height per floor. As is, she is out of scale with the tower portion. Ideally, the CRU portion of the podium should be twice the height with the articulated steal structural wrap around added would have been better imo. I'm still happy over all.

There is a color code for the visually impaired (legally blind but with some level of vision) -- that is the rationale for the fins -- we shouldn't be making light of this!

I'm not sure anyone is and the features incorporated into this building will be incredible.

The non-fin portion is just to emphasize the podium to be grandeur, the fins are the accessory aspect but will give the whole thing a slightly more pronounced podium. I stated on C2E that it should have been a distance of three floors at current height per floor. As is, she is out of scale with the tower portion. Ideally, the CRU portion of the podium should be twice the height with the articulated steal structural wrap around added would have been better imo. I'm still happy over all.
I feel like the height of the podium was more based off of the surrounding buildings and keeping it consistent with those instead of focusing on proportionate with the tower. The Pearl podium and the small strip mall to the west are all similar heights to this podium. My best guess as to the reasoning for the design

Back