News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

One of the new pop-ups. A board games store on the second floor CC east across from Shoppers.
D986E784-2303-4BD6-8205-A0920C6EC27E.jpeg

I think it would be a good idea to add a few more pop ups. I saw this when I went by the other day and it looks particularly nice, much like in the picture. I hope they do well.

^^ I also like the pedestrian-scale signage - I'm being a bit thick - is there a door at the corner (behind the hoarding)?

I went to Press'd for lunch but they won't have any Wicked Thai Soup until mid-October due to supply issues. I took my business elsewhere.

Update: I had their Wicked Thai soup for lunch in a packed food court today and all is well in the world! The east mall feels a bit better due to these popups but the west mall is still a ghost town.

I'm just guessing, but I think they are waiting for the remaining CRU leases to expire in the west mall - that includes Boulevard, Talbots, cellphone row and possibly ATB and RBC.

I don't think RBC has been there that long, so it could be a while. It also seems to me from previous info. most or all of the work would be on the west half of the west side, so RBC and its neighbours might not be affected too much.

I think if they were serious about moving ahead with renos they would just pay to relocated those tenants, not really a big deal.

The bigger thing is they need to substantial leasing interest for the proposed new spaces before they will proceed.

Back