News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

So if you are in your 30's it is a $1000 membership + $1600 annually + $500 annual minimum spend....

All to get access to a restaurant (that may or may not be good) and some boardrooms.

I'm not sure who exactly is the market is here, but perhaps someone can provide some insight?
I spoke to them about the club and it really does sounds like more of a networking space than anything. My work is still mostly at home and likely 2-3 days in and out of the office going forward. I just don't see this working out. Downtown is a ghost town still...

244B92CA-8678-4FAB-8075-106218B12698.jpeg

Retain the parkade (for now), add some structure on the west end of the former Bay and put a large rental tower there.

The Rideau Centre is Ottawa's version of Southgate Mall c/w Nordstrom whereas ECC is a ghost town.

The Rideau Centre is Ottawa's version of Southgate Mall c/w Nordstrom whereas ECC is a ghost town.
Not really a ghost town in terms of foot traffic though. I've said it before, I think the most accurate way to think of ECC is essentially as a pedway system between buildings with convenience retail.

It was a viable mall before the previous owners ran it into the ground and COVID came along, so I feel it can be again, if someone is willing to put some effort into it and have a bit of patience.

Or maybe the most Edmonton thing to do is to let it fall into disrepair and drive the rest of the tenants out, so it can be torn down and become a vacant lot riddled with debris, like the one south of it.

I suspect that Atmosphere/SC are not long for this world, but that's just my personal opinion.

Back