What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
August 26, 2013.

August 26, 2013.JPG

Spring again, nothing but weeds growing, as it's still too early to plant anything. The geese have a new resting spot though, which is nice.
Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 022.JPG

Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 023.JPG

and Central Lake has been reduced in size, to add Central Mountain...
Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 008.JPG

Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 012.JPG

I've always like Central Tower. It's a shame that they never concealed the HVAC on top, but I'm always reminded that it could be worse,
Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 002.JPG

when driving in the area...
Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 004.JPG

This crap should be illegal.

Attachments

• Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 007.JPG
    Peter's Drive Inn 2020-05-09 007.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 374
Looking for the REIT answer... many developers like to cash out on one development to venture into another (same like Stantec Tower in the Ice District). Going into a development, soft costs and hard costs sum up to project costs and developers usually cover these off with a construction loan (often creatively lessening the actual funds that they invest themselves). Once the project is complete and substantially occupied there is then a mortgage-able value that is usually much higher than the project cost. Showing solid returns, then, the developer can sell to a REIT that has a property management department, looking to take advantage of investors wanting for a "safe" place to land their money at an interest rate that is substantially higher than bank savings accounts, muni-bonds, or Canada Savings bonds. These REITs are somewhat more risky than bonds as an investment, but are usually more stable than stocks on the public exchange. Remember that at one time Procura thought they had an innovative formula for a rent-to-own scheme that was later shelved. Now as a rental unit, George ("Mr. Procura") probably wants to take money out of the completed building to keep development happening on the rest of the site -- he is racing a time-line in his deal with the City to maintain densities on the overall.

Did Procura ever sell the Mayfair?

Back