• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
4E928E92-593E-41D3-89AD-2E03CDE1AC6B.jpeg

So IDK what the 38 storeys is about. Is there some kind of highrise part of the project that I was not aware of :confused:
Oops, looks like I put '38' down in the floors box, instead of the units box when describing the apartment building on the property lol

Boyle Street Community Services is Moving
BY ANITA JENKINS • VOLUME 43, NUMBER 1 • FEBRUARY-MARCH 2022

Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) has announced plans to move to 10010 107A Avenue, two blocks north of its current location at 10116 105 Street, where it has been since 1996. A newly-renovated building at this site is scheduled to open in the summer or fall of 2023.

I mean you really gotta give credit to Katz, or whomever is running his organization, on this one.

He writes the cheque without using a penny of his own money, gets all the philanthropy love, and then shifts the problems associated with a vulnerable population to another community so that all his land holdings increase in value and become more developable in the near future.

Top shelf.

I mean you really gotta give credit to Katz, or whomever is running his organization, on this one.

He writes the cheque without using a penny of his own money, gets all the philanthropy love, and then shifts the problems associated with a vulnerable population to another community so that all his land holdings increase in value and become more developable in the near future.

Top shelf.
I mean, moving to a location 400m away isn't really 'another community' in my eyes. Sure, on paper it's a move from Central McDougall to McCauley, but in reality that 400-500m stretch of 101 Street is more or less the same the entire way. I'd say it's a win-win for Katz and BSCS, as Katz gets more land and higher property values and Boyle Street gets a much larger, more appropriate building on a larger property still within proximity to their client base.

Yeah I think there are plenty of reasons to criticize Katz (he is a billionaire after all), but this isn't one of them. It's a win-win in my eyes, yes it's obviously a benefit for the Ice District plans, but it's also a benefit for the Community services as they get a new facility, and it's still within the same general area. The critiques that it's "in a different neighbourhood" seem to be purposefully misleading.

I mean, moving to a location 400m away isn't really 'another community' in my eyes. Sure, on paper it's a move from Central McDougall to McCauley, but in reality that 400-500m stretch of 101 Street is more or less the same the entire way. I'd say it's a win-win for Katz and BSCS, as Katz gets more land and higher property values and Boyle Street gets a much larger, more appropriate building on a larger property still within proximity to their client base.
To further that, as badly needed as these services are. There will be very few, if any communities around the city that will welcome it with open arms.

Its a good location. I think BSCS just needs to show how they mitigate to the best of their ability keeping conflict low and no major community issues with the people around using their services

Back