• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
No date on this but it's in progress:

To change the Use from a General Retail Store to an Indoor Participant Recreation Services Use; and to construct exterior and interior alterations; and to demolish a portion of an existing mezzanine. (Planet Fitness)
1 - BONNIE DOON SHOPPING CENTRE NW
In Progress

No date on this but it's in progress:

To change the Use from a General Retail Store to an Indoor Participant Recreation Services Use; and to construct exterior and interior alterations; and to demolish a portion of an existing mezzanine. (Planet Fitness)
1 - BONNIE DOON SHOPPING CENTRE NW
In Progress
Darn, I read 'in progress' and 'demolish [...] an existing mezzanine' and got very excited haha. But at least this can bring some fresh life into the mall; the stores there badly need more traffic. I wonder if this gym will go in the old Albert's that closed down a while back. I can't think of any other vacant spaces which are gym-sized.

Last edited:
I took these pictures of the temporary transit plaza last week.
20210806_193118.jpg

20210806_193114.jpg20210805_194358.jpg20210805_194408.jpg20210805_194415.jpg

I am getting the feeling that Morguard (if that is the principal) has no F*ing idea what they are doing and are just reacting to "circumstances on the ground". A little planter here, a little pavement there... no real plan of engagement. And that which has been submitted as a master plan is simply a ruse to keep the public and the City at bay. They are certainly not following the Master Plan that they have made public!

I am getting the feeling that Morguard (if that is the principal) has no F*ing idea what they are doing and are just reacting to "circumstances on the ground". A little planter here, a little pavement there... no real plan of engagement. And that which has been submitted as a master plan is simply a ruse to keep the public and the City at bay. They are certainly not following the Master Plan that they have made public!
If I recall correctly, this temporary transit plaza is actually the first part of the master plan. The city made it a condition when the approved the plan, and it has to be complete before any other development can happen on the site. I agree with you overall though, as someone who works in the mall. They don't seem to have their act together on many fronts, and I'm honestly shocked that more stores haven't closed down yet.

20210817_195025.jpg

Here's some pictures I took today of their progress on the tenporary transit plaza. I saw an internal email saying that they had hit an unexpected issue which caused a delay, but it looks like they're back on track!

20210916_162804.jpg
20210916_162828.jpg20210916_162752.jpg20210916_162846.jpg20210916_162915.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed from shoppers south that they are doing quite a bit of work to the roof. I knew that was a given as that part of the mall is future phasing. Will be interesting to see if they start on anything in the spring once the LRT is done.

This isn't bee related either before anyone asks. They have had the commercial garbage bins in various spots.

I have noticed from shoppers south that they are doing quite a bit of work to the roof. I knew that was a given as that part of the mall is future phasing. Will be interesting to see if they start on anything in the spring once the LRT is done.

This isn't bee related either before anyone asks. They have had the commercial garbage bins in various spots.
It appears they are redoing the roof by Shoppers on the west side.

Back