What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Not exactly related to the redevelopment, but the Safeway renos were mentioned before. I took a picture of the exterior today; it's coming along nicely!

20210220_160102.jpg

Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class A
Permit Date
Mar 15, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To construct exterior alterations to include developing a new temporary Transit Plaza, landscaping and hardsurfacing upgrades and enhancements including expanding interior walkways, adding planters, outdoor seating and benches, shelter, waste receptacles and lighting to the existing Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre.
Address
1 - BONNIE DOON SHOPPING CENTRE NW

I contacted the property manager a couple weeks back and she said the transit centre will be built in the spring and has “no further updates” about other development.
Too bad. Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a 'damn you COVID project' - unlikely due to it being a REIT project, but still. Likely just extends the timeframe.

The Safeway is getting exterior and interior upgrades but the 'big' news is that a temporary transit plaza linking the mall to the LRT stop is starting construction this fall and ending next spring. The plaza is being referred to as the first step in the mall redevelopment process and would be replaced by the 'formal' transit plaza once development reaches the southern portion of the mall site.

bd6-png.267350

View attachment 267345
View attachment 267346
View attachment 267347
View attachment 267348
View attachment 267349

Here it is...

I would like to inquire why the waste of money for another temporary station when it can just be fully built out using what this developer is already planning? Established where you stop and developers will fill around that. I'm getting fed up with wasted money for very little gain.
We elected these councillors to spend wisely *not play monopoly at our tax dollar's expense* . Enough with this BS!

Here it is...

I would like to inquire why the waste of money for another temporary station when it can just be fully built out using what this developer is already planning? Established where you stop and developers will fill around that. I'm getting fed up with wasted money for very little gain.
We elected these councillors to spend wisely *not play monopoly at our tax dollar's expense* . Enough with this BS!
Isn't that the permanent stop though? The temporary transit plaza is being constructed at the mall owners' expense, on their property. The stop itself is a different thing.

If it is the mall willingly to fork out money, ask for it and fast track the grandiose then...
I honestly forgot about that...
NAIT's temporary station still has me on edge when they should have just did the station where it should have been.

Back