Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Those ones are actually taking longer than the rest. There were a couple of others started after and are now occupied.

The NX property has a common underground parkade and storage area. It will use a central mechanical room for the geo exchange system.

I know it's around the provinces second largest university so the context is a lot different, but wow I hope the City is watching what Calgary is doing with the University District. This is what Blatchford should be looking like. It's impressive that they were largely able to start with the mixed use elements, instead of building townhomes and hoping everything else follows. Having a demographic that just cares about living close to school definitely helps, but still

I know it's around the provinces second largest university so the context is a lot different, but wow I hope the City is watching what Calgary is doing with the University District. This is what Blatchford should be looking like. It's impressive that they were largely able to start with the mixed use elements, instead of building townhomes and hoping everything else follows. Having a demographic that just cares about living close to school definitely helps, but still

Off-topic, a dream of mine is to see both MacEwan & Norquest have a district like this built around them.

University District didn't layer on idiotic energy requirements and got buy in from major homebuilders in the Calgary region because of this. U of A is doing a similar plan and avoiding the boondoggle that is Blatchford.

These townhomes have definitely dropped in price - but I think this is the last one of this series. What was $525k or more for their base unit during building, is now listed at $480k from the builder with the caption "motivated seller".

These townhomes have definitely dropped in price - but I think this is the last one of this series. What was $525k or more for their base unit during building, is now listed at $480k from the builder with the caption "motivated seller".

They've come to their senses and realized those old prices are ludicrous.

Blatchford Fire Station going to EDC March 21, 2023:

1677253570932.png

Last edited:

Back