Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Looks like the builder (Encore) is renting out one of the units - phone number on the listing matches a number listed on their site.
1646082625967.png

This is an interesting line in a budget report going before Council in a couple weeks:

"Stage 3 and Stage 5 are currently being engineered for 2022 construction. Stage 2 fee simple townhome lots have all been allocated with some sold. NAIT servicing drawings have been submitted for approval. Intention is to procure a contractor and service the NAIT lands in 2022. Houses continue to be built with more families moving in."

@archited Is it safe to say that your firm is moving ahead with its plans despite the lack of provincial funds being allocated to NAIT in the latest budget? I was worried that you'd have to delay it.

Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Mar 07, 2022
Status
In Progress
Description of Development
To construct a 15 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing (4 buildings) with underground Parkade
Address
4, 7066 - FANE ROAD NW
That's the second of two projects which were announced last year. Looks like it was approved, and it's on notices now!
Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 404081612-002
Description:To construct a 15 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing (4 buildings) with underground Parkade
Plan 1822441 Blk 4 Lot 4
Applicant:EFG ARCHITECTS INC
Create Date:2021/07/30
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA
Issue Date:2022/03/07
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2022/03/15
Notification End Date:2022/04/05

Also, it looks like Blatchford has its first neighborhood convenience store/ethnic grocer: Binoo Minimart. I'm particularly excited about this because it's Nepali grocer (first in Edmonton), and I'm originally from Nepal.

From the pictures, it looks like it stocks various lentils, rice, spices, pickled veggies/fruits (achar) and some fresh produce. That was honestly about 70% of the groceries my mom would get growing up haha. If you wanted to, you could have a healthy, delicious and extremely cheap vegetarian diet buying mostly from a single neighborhood store, which I think is pretty neat.

With the daycare also located in the strip mall, this first section of Blatchford is already turning out to be very walkable.

1647066141895.png1647066191429.png1647066517687.png

Leave it to the provincial government and the soonest any funding will be announced will be as a Legacy project funding celebrating the 200th year that Alberta is a province.
Many places spend a bit more on keeping up and sprucing up their capitals, here in Alberta it seems like the government mostly does the opposite.

It's quite remarkable how little care and attention there is steps from the grounds.

Also, it looks like Blatchford has its first neighborhood convenience store/ethnic grocer: Binoo Minimart. I'm particularly excited about this because it's Nepali grocer (first in Edmonton), and I'm originally from Nepal.

From the pictures, it looks like it stocks various lentils, rice, spices, pickled veggies/fruits (achar) and some fresh produce. That was honestly about 70% of the groceries my mom would get growing up haha. If you wanted to, you could have a healthy, delicious and extremely cheap vegetarian diet buying mostly from a single neighborhood store, which I think is pretty neat.

With the daycare also located in the strip mall, this first section of Blatchford is already turning out to be very walkable.

View attachment 385035View attachment 385036View attachment 385037
Tomorrow, council will also be looking at a proposal to relocate Fire Station 8 to Blatchford, to accommodate part of the Yellowhead expansion.

Back