Bateman Lands Mid-Rise | 34m | 8s | Bateman Properties | Next Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
In case some don't understand the name 'Poole', that is the PCL's founder's last name. Their family root was from a small province and TOWN of Saskatchewan.

Awwww geez! How could Pangman NOT make this work?
Don't point the finger at Pangman....from what I've heard it has more to do with others involved in the project. This is why 'non-developers' should really stay the f*ck out of the way. Establish a vision with a reputable developer and let them execute. Ego's to be left at the door please.

Don't point the finger at Pangman....from what I've heard it has more to do with others involved in the project. This is why 'non-developers' should really stay the f*ck out of the way. Establish a vision with a reputable developer and let them execute. Ego's to be left at the door please.

100% correct.

1677536884984.png

PRICE
This development opportunity is being offered with a List Price of $4,400,000. Offers are to be dealt with on an as-received basis.

Is Edmonton worse for this? Or do we simply experience our share of great buildings that are levelled - to simply be left to weeds or as an open pit?

Jasper and 116 (old Kelly's)
The Emerald & BMO sites on Jasper
Jasper & 124 Street (former Found boutique)
The list goes on...

Is this a policy failure, the nature of things - or something in the middle?

It happens in most cities, so Edmonton is not alone, but have such few pocket hubs like what this was that it simply hurts more.

I will quote CMD_UW with 'development is tough', things change, markets shift, but it's just really difficult to digest this particular one given what it took away from the community, neighbourhood and city.

Is Edmonton worse for this? Or do we simply experience our share of great buildings that are levelled - to simply be left to weeds or as an open pit?

The list goes on...

It's a failure of amateur developers (like Bateman) not doing a good-enough job during the due diligence phase of their proposed projects.

I'm sorry for the Batemans' loss but I'm glad this site is finally out of their hands.

Who is a good candidate to purchase this land and redevelop it into a new hub? Westrich? MacLab? Beljan?
Please, no slow or incompetent developers such as Regency, Alldritt, Niche, Gooch or Dub.

The list goes on...

I don't know if Edmonton is worse for this, but I do believe it is a failure on the part of our city leaders and administration that this continues to happen.

There is no penalty or consequence for this sort of thing and it is particularly bad when it is in a prominent or high profile location and the longer it goes on.

The city talks so much about having services in nearby communities and here was a grocery store serving that community and now that area has nothing and is worse off.

I don't know if Edmonton is worse for this, but I do believe it is a failure on the part of our city leaders and administration that this continues to happen.

There is no penalty or consequence for this sort of thing and it is particularly bad when it is in a prominent or high profile location and the longer it goes on.

The city talks so much about having services in nearby communities and here was a grocery store serving that community and now that area has nothing and is worse off.

Has there been any examples from this current council yet?

I think the more relevant question to ask is have they done anything so this would be less likely to happen in the future?

Back