Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Some noticeable work has been done already on HIBCO’s 118th Ave reno project:

C04467E0-E096-4BAE-A5D3-D510CA2BAF25.jpeg

Is HIBCO a newer contractor in the city? I'm seeing their signage on quite a few of these smaller scale commercial reno's now, can't recall see them around before
They've been around for a while now. Did lots of restoration/insurance-related work in the past. Seems like they're getting a lot more work in the reno & new build markets now.

Description: To construct interior alterations to an existing commercial building. Interior alterations to convert the entire main floor into 2 separate CRU's(also reinforcing the floor from beneath due to the instability of existing structure)
Permit date: December 17, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Restaurants and Bars (540)
Address: 9436 - 118 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: ALBERTA AVENUE
Zoning: CB2
Value: $225,000.00

Any time you can reactivate a dead storefront on a busy commercial high street is a win for humanity if you ask me! Now if we could only get the Avenue Theatre restored and reopened as a live performing arts venue/movie theatre...

Cough, cough, Metro Cinema society. Please open a second location on The Avenue... And maybe think about seeing if they can take over The Princess... If capitalism can't do it, I am sure collectivism can! Their business model using volunteer labor is genius especially when you consider how simplistic operations have become from a technical perspective compared to even 20 years ago... It's literally set it and forget it film projection these days...

I always wanted the old Beverly cinema/Beacon Heights Community Hall on 44th revived as well, but I get that the structure was beyond its lifespan and needed to come down... Just wish it along with all these other former spaces could be revived as mixed live/movie theatre combos... A lot of other small town theatres have been preserved and retained using the same model... Drayton Valley, Camrose, Holden, Daysland, Fort MacLeod and of course The Garneau are operated like this which of course was the original history of these buildings. Still hold hope that one day the old Capitol Theatre of my youth in Vegreville will be restored to its original Art Deco glory... I mean it's open now-ish but they compromised the auditorium to turn the stage into an awkward second screen in which you have to go through the main theatre to get to...

Back