Located in the heart of Garneau this new building will have something for everyone with a variety of amenities, a focus on functional design, and suites ranging from 3 bedroom family units to bachelor suites. Our objective with this project is to elevate the tenant experience in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Edmonton and attract people to Live Central and Be Active!
- Walking distance to Whyte Avenue (shopping, restaurants and bars)
- 10 minute walking distance to University of Alberta
- 2 minute walking distance to public transit
- Secure package delivery areas for online purchases
- Secure indoor bike storage areas
- Onsite cardio gym and resistance traning gym
- On-site yoga studio
- Social room with kitchen and seating for gatherings
- Games room
- Rooftop patio with BBQ’s and sitting areas
- Close to parks, playgrounds and the Edmonton river valley
- Practical car free living
- Live Central and Be Active!
Altairus is a proposed 6-storey mid-rise building in Garneau. The Public Hearing will be on August 31.
Key features include:
- Building height: 23 m
- Number of units: 96
- 25% of the units will have two or more bedrooms with 14 of these having three bedrooms
- 5 ground-oriented units (duplex-style)
- This building is a car-free environment. There will be no parking for residents, just five visitor parking spaces.
- 50% subsidized transit passes for all units based on the number of bedrooms for 10 years
- one bicycle storage per unit
- bicycle repair station within the building
- one dedicated carshare parking space
- 50m2 indoor children's play area
- two-storey gym
- social room
- rooftop amenity area
Community Amenity Contribution
- Developer will contribute $90,000 to the Garneau Neighbourhood Renewal Project
I think lighting is often under-valued though. Especially in edmonton when we can have such long nights in the winter. Lighting can take a building from decent to classy. I love a well lit buildingI like the scale of it but overall I think it is meh at best. Take the moody evening lighting away and you've got a simple box imo.