9955 Jasper Avenue | 105m | 34s | Great Gulf | a—A

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Proposed downtown rezoning for a slim residential tower
April 23, 2019

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning for a new residential tower at the southeast corner of Jasper Avenue and 100 Street.

Date: Tuesday, April 30
Time: 6 - 8 p.m.
Location: Fairmont Hotel Macdonald (Drawing Room), 10065 100 Street

The proposed rezoning would allow for the development of a 185-metre residential tower with commercial uses at grade fronting Jasper Avenue. To facilitate this rezoning, an application has also been made to amend the Capital City Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan.

Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council for a future Public Hearing.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/residential_neighbourhoods/neighbourhoods/downtown-planning-applications.aspx

Updated renderings via DECL:

D47x3zhUUAAp9dw.jpg
D47x3zhUwAA8dgu.jpg
D47x3zlUEAAOEZX.jpg

I get the argument about preserving the views of the hotel, but I think that's a total lost cause and not the right fight. The land is privately owned and likely way too expensive for the city to acquire. The existing DC2 zoning on the site is very complex, but if I read it right would allow the developer to build up to 150m on the site right now, without rezoning, consultation, or any amenity contribution required.

We could do a lot worse than this proposal, and the opportunity to request improvements to the public realm (required as part of the amenity contribution policy for upzoning) around it is huge. Opponents should hopefully understand that fighting this proposal could have even worse results and lost opportunities than they realize.

Wow, even better, and the shadows are cast the right way in these renders;) I think the inset balconies and overall flow of the building are the best I've seen yet. Iconic, unique for Edmonton (N.A. ?)

Back