9955 Jasper Avenue | 105m | 34s | Great Gulf | a—A

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I love the design of this tower. My biggest concern with these 50+ story tower proposals is that, if built, they would suck up all the demand for residential units in a few concentrated towers, when we have so much surface parking still to develop. My uneducated opinion is that we should be aiming for 40 stories tops for new towers in Edmonton.
This proposal is really only in competition with Alldritt's Quarters tower for new condo's in that part of Downtown. My prediction is that only 1 of these proposals gets built (at least as condo's)

Last edited:
^ Might be that they are starting to demo the LRT entrance/tunnel? Regardless, some work there is a good sign. Still, I had hoped that they would have refurbished and expanded the tunnel heading east to the convention Centra/Alldritt, and southwest to Telus Plaza/Gondola.

Now is the best time to start (although I know that they have a significant amount of preliminary work to get done before that eventuality) what with the Jasper Avenue work that is going to tie the site up anyway -- maybe their internals will show that. And this is a natural for Condos -- unobstructed views of the river valley, tie-ins to the underground pedway system, valuable connections to the Mac and its noted kitchens, and direct connections to major office buildings. These guys have all the right ingredients for success and I am sure that they know it. Now, about the Economy. The Economy is not some distant thing, some set of ideals or alien factors that are set apart from you and me. We all have our hands on the rudder that steers the good ship Canada/Alberta/Edmonton. When we realize that we play an outsized part in the equation that governs the direction and the speed at which we go to get "there", we begin to understand our importance in that equation. I know that there are some exceptional minds in this purview -- Skyrise Cities -- and collectively there is a force that can be felt and, when pulled in a positive direction, leads to outsized results. We can do this! Ignore the ineffectual Provincial Government that is trying to pinch pennies in a time of recession when they should be doing the exact opposite, focus on possibilities instead of probabilities, look for solutions not insurmountable problems -- get in gear!

SURPRISE

This is now planned as a 34 storey (105 metre) rental residential tower with a retail commercial base. Great Gulf / Procura are now using Zeidler Architecture, see updated renderings below:

gg1.png

gg2.png

gg3.png

gg4.png

Last edited:
Still pretty nice, but I'm dropping my vote a notch. This isn't nearly as interesting as the previous round of renderings. Rezoning-stage rendering bait-and-switch is getting tiresome.

Also looks like it's almost half the height :(

And that first rendering is complete nonsense. Since when did KRP and Sunlife replace ATB Place?

Last edited:

Back