9955 Jasper Avenue | 105m | 34s | Great Gulf | a—A

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
If anything, at least there's more of a chance of this getting built. As much as I loved the previous iteration, the scale just didn't seem realistic for our market especially for that particular site.

I like the accents on the podium, the tower is OK, seems a bit safe to me.

It's nice, but it's shorter and less iconic. The previous render would've made it a signature tower for our skyline. This one will blend in more. I'd be happy with this tower in Grandin or the warehouse district, but for this location I was really excited about an icon. :confused:

Still pretty nice, but I'm dropping my vote a notch. This isn't nearly as interesting as the previous round of renderings. Rezoning-stage rendering bait-and-switch is getting tiresome.

Also looks like it's almost half the height :(

And that first rendering is complete nonsense. Since when did KRP and Sunlife replace ATB Place?
i think they did that when they moved the chamber's building to the south side of jasper and rotated it 90 degrees...

someone's obviously grabbed the wrong wire frames and no-one else caught it yet. :)

This building is going to be in front of our skyline (minus the hotel) we need to hold it up to a much higher standard. This latest rendering looks similar to the hundreds of high rises recently built in Toronto. A tower in that area needs to be better than average otherwise it might not get approved. I wish they would stick to the previous rendering.

d47x3zhuwaa8dgu-jpg.182826

gg1-png.264324

For comparison.

A tower in that area needs to be better than average otherwise it might not get approved.

Not really the case, as the zoning is already in place, and EDC doesn't look at things like skyline impact.

@itom987 NIMBYs would probably like that it's shorter, and wouldn't care how it looks. That's more for wonks like us to weigh in on.

In any case fear not because NIMBYs literally have no say in this development at this stage.

Back