124 Westmount | ?m | 2s | Beljan Development | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can someone put this where it’s supposed to go? (If it has its own thread lol) 109 and 124st

1DB952E9-0E82-4FD2-86A0-56C5F18B545F.jpeg
CF56262E-0CAF-4854-A18F-D907D4B9C316.jpeg

That was looked at....the scale was a little too much for the partner involved. But I agree 124 is perfect for mixed use between 6-8 storeys.

And soooooooooo much potential for this on 124 street. Virtually the entire street, on both sides, is ripe for redevelopment over the next few decades. I expect this area to change (in a good way) significantly in the coming years. The corner I'm most interested in is the Alldritt owned property on the NW corner of 124 street and Stony Plain Rd, but not holding my breath that much will happen there soon.

124 street has truly been (albeit quietly) a bright spot for the city. It has really changed for the better in the past few years and has seen some really nice projects recently and the crowds there (especially in the summer) have become quite noticeable. As has been said, a ton of potential there and I wouldn't be surprised if 124 street, in conjunction with Whyte, become of the premier destinations in the city.

It desperately needs density along and above it to create some life outside of the peak hours.
I've been thinking about this. It does suck (especially outside of the summer months) how instantly quiet it becomes after 6 pm most evenings, and most businesses aren't even open past 10 pm on a Friday/Saturday. Not sure if 124th should ever embrace nightlife like Whyte does, but I have wondered how a more nightclub business might fair on 124th.

Or if nothing else, if more businesses would take notes from the way Tiramisu Bistro activates the street around it. Why Koutouki, Nuovo and Woodshed don't have a big street lane patio to open up to is criminal.

Last edited:
As a west end resident, 124th street and WEM are really the 2 main shop/eat/entertainment areas for this part of the city. So the more 124th builds up, it really does have a large base to support it. Because of the river, accessing whyte is quite a bit harder than 124th. It needs wider sidewalks and bike lanes badly though to become a true Main Street.
A35708B6-7B14-4929-8966-21A8947B8A03.png
B2FF5A70-E215-46F8-B7E4-1AF486FD612C.png

Back