10123 106 Street | 155.14m | 50s | Westrich Pacific | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anyone know if there’s a plan to connect the warehouse park to Beaverhills? I think it would be important to connect the park systems to create something of a pedestrian corridor. It looks from the massing that this tower’s retail butts up against the Shift’s townhouses.

Not sure if there's a plan, but I think if they were going to do this they could look at upgrading the back alley between 105 & 106st that separates this project and the buildings fronting Jasper Ave.

I actually love this building. It looks like a late seventies modern high rise you might see in New York or Chicago. I also like that it's not more of the same. We're starting to see some good variety, but pretty much every tower built in the last ten years has had the same basic square footprint.

Not sure if there's a plan, but I think if they were going to do this they could look at upgrading the back alley between 105 & 106st that separates this project and the buildings fronting Jasper Ave.

There's an infographic of the central park with that alley way highlighted as a connector to Beaver Hills Park. However, that alley is so narrow and is being used as an entrance/exit for the condo there. Not sure how they call pull off even a pedestrian right of way through that area.

I hope someone with some pull (read: @Daveography ?) is reaching out to Westrich Pacific/Arc Studio about the mural idea if they haven't thought of it already. Could help in their presentations with the city and would be a welcome change to towers like the Icons, which likely won't see murals unless their condo boards get on board (likely better things to spend money on though after the fact).

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Oct 03, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To develop and operate a temporary surface, Non-accessory Parking lot for up to 18 months (117 vehicular parking stalls).
Address 10145 - 106 STREET NW
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Oct 03, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To develop and operate a temporary surface, Non-accessory Parking lot for up to 18 months (117 vehicular parking stalls).
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN
Only 14 months to go...
:(

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Oct 03, 2019
Status Approved
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN

Halfway there...

Halfway there...
swnrdgi-gif.254859

Yes, 3 months 'till they sell the rezoned land to someone else 🥴

But seriously, I hope that something does happen here soon, but I have a feeling it won't...

Back