• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a mixed-use proposal (commercial office space and residential apartments) on the parking lot south of St. Joseph's Basilica on 113 Street, north of 100 Avenue.

CM5.png

CM1.png

CM2.png

CM3.png

CM4.png

Attachments

• CM5.png
    CM5.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 232

Platinum107

Member Bio
Reaction score
@OverheardatYEG Okay so I thought you were making a joke at first but then I saw the thread title! I am honestly so confused right now haha

On a different note I really like the look of this building! It's a very nice mixed-use midrise for the area imo

cliffapotamus

Member Bio
Reaction score
I love the idea of a commercial podium in this location, and seeing the large amount of active street frontage available for commercial tenants in this is awesome. I do kinda wonder why the tower bit is such a small footprint though. Activating the podium roof is a great idea, but honestly why not take advantage of the opportunity presented by the huge footprint and expand the floorplates to add some 3 bedroom/family units? I kind of assume this is only 1-2 bedroom given the balcony spacing and floorplates in the render. other than that, this looks great!

dunno

Member Bio
Reaction score
it might just be the de-saturated colouration on the renders but does anybody else get generic 1970s suburban holiday inn vibes from this?

the scale is nice and it’s great to see a giant parking lot removed. the commercial space should hopefully add some nice community amenity spaces, as well, i just can’t stop seeing that when i look at these renders.

crisp

Member Bio
Reaction score
it might just be the de-saturated colouration on the renders but does anybody else get generic 1970s suburban holiday inn vibes from this?

the scale is nice and it’s great to see a giant parking lot removed. the commercial space should hopefully add some nice community amenity spaces, as well, i just can’t stop seeing that when i look at these renders.

LOL yes, 1970s is the very first thing that popped to mind for me as well. Although I don't feel so harsh to it so to say "generic suburban", one of the nicer 1970s designs I've seen.