News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

If they did a dense 'village' of 6 floor woodframed Apts with mostly 2bd units, ground floor townhouses, good architecture (Maclab is very capable of good architecture) and maximized site coverage, they should be able to get very decent density, reasonably premium rents considering other stock in the area, at a per unit construction cost significantly lower than their university area project. With LRT and WEM on doorstep demand would be good.

That being said, I would love to see 15-20 high rises with varied designs, and premium amenities, on this site.

SW corner of 108 street and 102 Avenue. The grey building + the 2 buildings adjacent (south) and the parking lot all included in this. Great redevelopment site. The old funeral home across the street is also still for sale

1000008069.jpg

Last edited:
Riley's Printing Building. Used to be some pretty big printing machines in there.

Lost for words continues to be a theme for me.

1200sqft, concrete construction, 2bdrm + 2bath for $199,999.00 in the Downtown of a major city steps from the river valley, 3 blocks from LRT.

*dated, but very livable, rental, investable.

Lost for words continues to be a theme for me.

1200sqft, concrete construction, 2bdrm + 2bath for $199,999.00 in the Downtown of a major city steps from the river valley, 3 blocks from LRT.

*dated, but very livable, rental, investable.

It’s those fees. The building must have maintenance or reserve fund concerns.

It's like a Game of limbo. The bar keeps dropping lower and lower. Almost unbelievable how cheap condos are right now. We're coming up on a solid 15 years of price decline.

Similar to (lower actually) than fees in most Toronto or Vancouver high rise condos.
You know what? I stand corrected. My God some of the fees on some units I just looked at in Vancouver are out of this world. A unit like this has fees of 996 dollars per month and is 1.4 million dollars.

I would however, argue that Edmonton doesn't have nearly as much wealth in it's downtown, and people have the option of purchasing a single family dwelling for the cost of a 200k mortgage and $750 in fees per month. Given the choice, I'd go with the house.

Back