News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

Reference ID:Job No 422211644-002
Description:To install (2) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (AMII TOWER)
Plan F Lots 1-5
Applicant:FIVE STAR PERMITS
Create Date:2/1/2022 3:02:44 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
ZOOZOO.png

Looks like WE - Williams Engineering are moving up and into the tower from the fantastic podium space.

I wonder if this is to free it up for common usage or more Tech/AI to compliment what's happening in the RBC space with Innovate?

Isn't this the same building that Google Deep Mind is located in? If so, maybe the old adage "birds of a feather stick together" applies. Hopefully we attract more similar feathered birds gathering in this building and area.
Correct, they are on the second floor of the podium I believe.

So this entire section of the census on population growth has a lot of good stuff in it, but I found this table on downtown population especially interesting. Apparently from 2016 to 2021 Edmontons DT population has dropped from 55,997 to 55,387, which isn't a huge drop but still strange to me considering the amount of new construction the last few years. Based on that number I assume "Downtown" includes the CBD and Oliver. If thats the case, off the top of my head the following have been constructed in the last 5 years ;

Legends residence, Stantec Residence, Fox Towers potentially (were finishing in 2016), Ultima Towers potentially (were finishing in 2016), Encore, Potentially Hat depending on the boundaries, The Hendrix etc. Seems hard to believe with all that new construction the population would still decrease.

So this entire section of the census on population growth has a lot of good stuff in it, but I found this table on downtown population especially interesting. Apparently from 2016 to 2021 Edmontons DT population has dropped from 55,997 to 55,387, which isn't a huge drop but still strange to me considering the amount of new construction the last few years. Based on that number I assume "Downtown" includes the CBD and Oliver. If thats the case, off the top of my head the following have been constructed in the last 5 years ;

Legends residence, Stantec Residence, Fox Towers potentially (were finishing in 2016), Ultima Towers potentially (were finishing in 2016), Encore, Potentially Hat depending on the boundaries, The Hendrix etc. Seems hard to believe with all that new construction the population would still decrease.

The area Stats Canada is using is a bit broader than what those on this forum would consider downtown, including other central neighbourhoods like Queen Mary Park, Riverdale, McCauley etc

Thanks for the insight! Definitely helps put it into context, a lot bigger of an area than I think any of us would use to describe Downtown. I wonder where the population loss would be coming from then in this case

Back