News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

Sure... and are a product of a product.

They provide options for all parties and often are very beneficial to both the lessee (sub-lessee) and lessor.

Point being that they serve an important function, but are not ideal if the prime lease sees contraction.

^^^^ That's a big IF is my point. I don't believe there is a correlation between the two -- there is no evidence to the contrary.

Thanks for the replies. So i guess subleases going down, in this situation, means fewer main tenants trying to cut down on office space, indicating some confidence in the market and their future office needs?
idk, just curious. thanks for the help!

It means that more activity is occurring and eating up some of that vacant sublease space on the market. Often times sublease space is cheaper to offset the overall hit to the head lease tenant.

It's less about what 'main tenants' in this case and more about activity in the marketplace... a good thing.

^^^^ On that I can agree. Anytime available space is reduced whether prime lease or secondary sub-let tenancies it means the market overall is moving in a positive direction; the reverse would not be good.

Ayco Cafe and bakery (also located in WEM) has opened up on Jasper Ave and 105 street.

Screenshot_20220128-212646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reference ID:Job No 422211644-002
Description:To install (2) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (AMII TOWER)
Plan F Lots 1-5
Applicant:FIVE STAR PERMITS
Create Date:2/1/2022 3:02:44 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Back