News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Crime

I believe that this experience can be improved upon; what a way to welcome folks to our modern LRT from a bunch of the Downtown hotels.

DSC01199.JPG
DSC01200.JPG
DSC01201.JPG

The City probably thinks “where are these people going to go?”, so they tolerate it and leave it up to the businesses to deal with them.

Last edited:
Walking through the pedways to go to the Oiler games feels like it is getting worse and worse each time I go. People sleeping in corners, garbage all over, and that great stench of urine soaking my nostrils at the Sandman...

Part of the problem with the pedways is that there are 'grey areas' where ownership, maintenance and security patrols are not defined that well.

One homeless person lit up a cigarette in the pedway at lunchtime, and the security guard told him to take it outside.

Part of the problem with the pedways is that there are 'grey areas' where ownership, maintenance and security patrols are not defined that well.
there are certainly some areas where maintenance and security are not well executed but I’m pretty sure everyone who owns a piece of the pedway knows damn well that they own it.

Not from some of the previous conversations I had. Seriously Ken. It was remarkable how few understood who owns them, who is responsible for O&M, security and the like.

Not from some of the previous conversations I had. Seriously Ken. It was remarkable how few understood who owns them, who is responsible for O&M, security and the like.
i didn’t dispute the too often poor execution of o&m, security and the like but not knowing actual ownership? something that is registered at land titles along with reciprocal access agreements etc.? something that requires structure and liability insurance including having other named insureds that lenders will also require to be placed and maintained every year? a lack of understanding from those you may have been talking to does not extend to your insistence that owners don’t even know what they own. not properly managing or delegating internally is not “not knowing”.

Fair, but I too was amazed at the lack of understanding over these shared spaces by very senior property managers, asset managers and yes, even owners.

The development agreements, insurance, titles were all too often with must dust on them and had not been fully understood by either party, one party or even the COE in some cases.

This has largely been clarified during the way finding exercise/program from a few years ago, but it blew me away how few knew what their stake or requirements were with these spaces.

Back