News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Canmore, AB

Today we were taken on a 6-hour guided tour by the most wonderful Laura and her company https://canadianrockiesexperience.com.

We were very fortunate to get to see (from a distance) 4 bears - 2 black, 2 grizzly, among other critters.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.36.55 PM.png

DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0130.JPG
DSC_0136.JPG
DSC_0138.JPG
DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0145.JPG
DSC_0148.JPG
DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0163.JPG
DSC_0174.JPG

A unique moment captured and while not too visible, there is a little snow on the peaks as well right now.
IMG_1343.jpg

No offence Ian but we are so DONE with that place…Canmore. Me and the wife begrudgingly went there last weekend cause she had a credit or something from a previous cancellation…..anyway..the Hotel…a 80’s/Peachey/Green/part time Time Share - “Sunset Resorts” was in dire need of a makeover. The next door restaurant -the “Blake” was a wanna-be-hipster joint, had things like “crispy beets and Duck wings as Apps….no thanks…their homemade brew was the only good thing about it. Cause we were the only late 40’s couple who had money that wanted to spend, the rest of the clientele all appeared to mid-20’s Aussie ski slope hangers-on who sat at tables of 10…nursing an order of fries.
The next day….Main Street was dead, even the usual yuppies from YYC who show off their new Porsche Macans….we’re few and far between. I get the feeling by seeing all of the “For Sale” signage that the oil moneny isn’t flowing as it once was……it’s all yours .

I've heard that (renovation/makeovers needed) from a few people, but it has been pretty busy here for much of the summer and Main Street was very busy today walking back.

There are more people wanting to move here now than during boom years and a lot of people relocating I am told from the top realtor in Canmore at coffee last week. Things are selling over list and most with 2-3 backup buyers.

Back