• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Platinum107

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here is some recent renderings of a new mid-rise condo with retail on the bottom going up in my ‘hood. It is on the corner of 109th street and 135th ave.

Looks good. The window placement is somewhat random on the north elevation though. I'm sure it will end up good inside, but I can't help think of comparing it to this boondoggle of a house: https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/20341746/4-bedroom-condo-9841-79-av-nw-edmonton-ritchie?
Me thinks the previous owner/window designer probably worked at a fenestration company and got to take home out-dated samples and he installed them when his wife was at work. When she got home she said, "either the windows go or I do." The compromise -- sell the beauty!

Me thinks the previous owner/window designer probably worked at a fenestration company and got to take home out-dated samples and he installed them when his wife was at work. When she got home she said, "either the windows go or I do." The compromise -- sell the beauty!
Look at the inside of the house... they must've worked as an interior designer too!

Proposed rezoning in North Glenora for mixed use building
June 11, 2019

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning at 10841 - 135 Street NW.

Date: Tuesday, June 18
Time: 6 - 8 p.m.

The proposed rezoning from (RF5) Row Housing Zone to (DC2) Site Specific Development Control Provision would allow for the development of a four storey residential building with row housing and small scale commercial.

Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council if and when the proposed rezoning goes to a Public Hearing for a decision.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/northglenora

Wow, I can't get over how good of a design this building has! I would have never imagined something this classy showing up in my neighborhood even a year ago, but here we are!

It is a shame that some people here are opposed to it, though, mainly because of the retail bays on the bottom. Their main argument is that "liquor stores and/or vape shops can open in those if they wanted too!", nevermind the children's playground literally right across the street... :rolleyes:

Following the public meeting, the proposed DC2 has been revised and the following changes have been made:
  • The proposed commercial area has been reduced to a single unit with a maximum floor area of 130 m2.
  • The proposed types of commercial have been further limited, and General Retail, Government Services, Bars and Pubs, Private Clubs, Digital Signs, and Temporary Signs uses have all been removed.
  • A clause has been added to allow the commercial space to be converted to either residential or amenity space, to provide additional flexibility if a suitable tenant cannot be found.
  • Dwelling units have been increased from 28 to 35 units, to offset the decrease in commercial area. Height remains the same.
  • Parking has been adjusted to provide a total of 36 stalls.
  • The public art community contribution has been removed in favour of a second required family-friendly unit, based on feedback.

I've said it already but I have to say it again, this development is going to have such an awesome impact on the neighborhood its in, creating a walkable hub for people to congregate, shop, and live. Now if only Regency could move their buttocks and redevelop the decrepit rotting Glenora patio homes right beside it already! :mad:

BPs:

2023-06-29
Commercial Final
To construct SHORING AND EXCAVATION ONLY for a future apartment building - Canadian Manor.
10841 - 135 STREET NW

2023-06-29
Commercial Final
To construct a Temporary Hoarding (fencing) for a future excavation/shoring ( July 10th till September 10th 2023) and Footings and Foundation work --"Candian Manor"--
10841 - 135 STREET NW

Back