What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I don't like the logo; looks waaay too much like the EPL lines (same colors, different order). Also, did anyone else notice the zombie-guy attacking the woman at 1:02 in the video? (Right-hand side).

The development, if built like in the video, looks awesome.

@archited It's a valid point with a large phased development.

Might be tooting my own horn again, but I feel like Holyrood helped set a bit of a precedent on this with 'the Gardens' where we pushed for some amendments to the DC2 to ensure public amenities would be spread evenly over the development. The risk is that if they are left to later phases of the project, there's a chance they may never happen if the project stalls, or if the bulk of the allowed FAR is used up in the earlier phases and the later phases never materialize.

C.1. Connect Bonnie Doon (Rezoning)
Brian Murray - BA Planning Group
D. Brown left the meeting at due to a conflict and did not return (7:45 pm)
MOVED: R. Labonte
Motion of support with conditions
The Committee recommends that the DC text:
● Ensures that public art contributions are calculated per phase, but not necessarily
implemented by phase (ie. can be implemented site-wide)
● Includes minimum soil depths for landscape over structure
● Provides stronger wording that ensures that the fundamental structure of the
development - including roadways, open space patterns, and the distribution of FAR
per block - as reflected in the site plan- is set at the outset and is not subject to major
modification over the duration of the project’s phasing.
● Ensures that public realm and open space is provided in each phase of development.
SECONDED: C. Holmes
CARRIED
FOR THE MOTION: W. Sims, M. Figueira, A. Zepp, R. Labonte, T. Antoniuk, S.
Kaznacheeva, J. Mills, D. Deshpande, C. Holmes, B. Nolan

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/EdmontonDesignCommittee_Minutes_NOV20.pdf

Back