Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I went by Blatchford this afternoon to check out Malmo - I was curious about the project and sales.

Sales centre was closed again. My second time there where it was closed. I went up to the door this time and they had a handwritten sticky note on the door that said by appointment only.

Kind of surprised with three of the show homes open that Malmo is closed. I'm thinking it doesn't speak well to the walk in traffic right now nor perhaps sales. And that's a bit surprising too given the publicity this community has received versus new suburban developments and the fact there will be lrt service in short walking distance. Plus, I think the housing market is good right now in terms of interest.

I went by Blatchford this afternoon to check out Malmo - I was curious about the project and sales.

Sales centre was closed again. My second time there where it was closed. I went up to the door this time and they had a handwritten sticky note on the door that said by appointment only.

Kind of surprised with three of the show homes open that Malmo is closed. I'm thinking it doesn't speak well to the walk in traffic right now nor perhaps sales. And that's a bit surprising too given the publicity this community has received versus new suburban developments and the fact there will be lrt service in short walking distance. Plus, I think the housing market is good right now in terms of interest.
I think it's just a matter of reaching critical mass. At the moment, Blatchford is mostly just construction site surrounded by loud arterial roads. The actual walkable community hasn't been created yet - right now it's just a few sets of townhouses with pretty paving stones. Give it some time.

I would totally live here, but not now. I think that's a sentiment a lot of people feel and why they would choose to buy in say Griesbach instead.

They need to pick up the pace, this development has been moving very slow compared to developments in the suburbs. It's hard for a potential buyer to get excited about buying into a slow moving development.

I have zero patience to offer. The rate they are going means I will be an old empty nester by the time I buy something in Blatchford. I never planned to do that so late in life, might as well look elsewhere.

I have zero patience to offer. The rate they are going means I will be an old empty nester by the time I buy something in Blatchford. I never planned to do that so late in life, might as well look elsewhere.
This is a 20 year plan. This development will be attractive to future generations. I wouldn't expect much movements in the short term.

Back