News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

"...without corporate taxes..."
No one said that we shouldn't have corporate taxes. The point was that it was unwise for the NDP to advocate an increase when voters knew it would hit them eventually. The fact that the NDP lost several winnable seats narrowly (particularly in a business centre like Calgary) shows how foolish their proposal was.

If you feel corporations are out of gouge consumers, you're free to stop dealing with any of them you find objectionable.
That's not the point, though, because it will hit consumers regardless of tax increases - hence my skepticism of the existence of savvy voters who think that the inflation we've seen is tied to taxation.

And your last sentence is unnecessary caping for corporations, as the purpose of the corporation is to enhance shareholder value. It is the fiduciary responsibility of their boards to fulfill that purpose. So, no. I am not free to stop dealing with them, as our society is not constructed to allow that.

But its All PMJTs fault. :mad:
Good point, Smith better really pray Trudeau stays in power a long time, so she has someone to continue to blame for everything.

Ever noticed it gets rockier for provincial conservatives when their party is in power Federally?

Remember Harper was the PM in 2015 when the PC's lost the provincial election here.

Sooo…

“It's no mystery why they vote as they do. It doesn't make them sheep or horrible people. It makes them fellow CANADIANS with their own democratic rights, their own agency and their own interest.”

“Can we all respect that?”

It’s interesting to substitute “Canadians” for “Albertans” in David’s column and wonder when he and Danielle and the UCP might start respecting the rest of our country and our federal government the same way, never mind urban voters.

Yes, a very good point. If you want to get sympathy for claims as a province sometimes not being treated fairly or well by the majority in the rest of the country, it would also help your case if you treat those in your own province who are not in the provincial majority, well.

Sooo…

“It's no mystery why they vote as they do. It doesn't make them sheep or horrible people. It makes them fellow CANADIANS with their own democratic rights, their own agency and their own interest.”

“Can we all respect that?”

It’s interesting to substitute “Canadians” for “Albertans” in David’s column and wonder when he and Danielle and the UCP might start respecting the rest of our country and our federal government the same way, never mind urban voters.

What I find really dumb is the survey that concluded most people think they are middle of the road. How many people who vote UCP think they are the radical? Most think the NDP are the radical left and they are the reasonable ones and vice versa.

...and some think she's not dumb!
Oh you know this is just going to be the prequel to years and years of more hare brained comments (well much like in the past).

It was a miracle they managed to get her to keep her mouth shut for a couple of months around the election, to convince just enough people she wasn't a total loon, but alas the duct tape is now off.

Her handlers are not going to be able to keep her from musing and saying more dumb things now that the campaign pressure is off.

Oh you know this is just going to be the prequel to years and years of more hare brained comments (well much like in the past).

It was a miracle they managed to get her to keep her mouth shut for a couple of months around the election, to convince just enough people she wasn't a total loon, but alas the duct tape is now off.

Her handlers are not going to be able to keep her from musing and saying more dumb things now that the campaign pressure is off.
My money is in the UCP ejecting her within the next 12 months, maybe a little longer than that.

My guess is somewhere around 2 years (give or take 6 months). It may be Redford like, where the caucus rebels. I don't think she will last as long as Kenney. Someone should really start a pool.

Back