News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

I have very much not been a fan of Sohi, but I do very much appreciate him putting the province on the spot like that and highlighting the massive unequitable treatment between the two cities. While it more than likely won't amount to any action on the government's part, good on him for highlighting it front and center.

Well Calgary YYC has are larger population in Alberta, Canada 🇨🇦 compared to Edmonton & I’m guessing that’s why the provincial government focuses on YYC, as it’s the top battlegrounds in AB politics currently as YYC area voters decides which party wins the election 🗳as there’s more Swing ridings.

Sure Edmonton YEG is the provincial capital & currently the 2nd largest in AB.

But eventually both YYC & YEG get the most provincial funding for projects every year & it will continue✅.

Well Calgary YYC has are larger population in Alberta, Canada 🇨🇦 compared to Edmonton & I’m guessing that’s why the provincial government focuses on YYC, as it’s the top battlegrounds in AB politics currently as YYC area voters decides which party wins the election 🗳as there’s more Swing ridings.

But eventually both YYC & YEG get the most provincial funding for projects every year & it will continue✅.
Calgary proper might be bigger than Edmonton proper, but their metro areas are essentially the same size (40k people on a scale of 1.5M is drops in a bucket), so your argument falls down easily.

Even if we compare the city proper populations, Edmonton's is about 80% of Calgary's, whereas the funding is not nearly as proportional as it should.

If it weren't for the fact that you continue to demonstrate some weird fetish of proudly showing everyone your YYC Calgary Alberta Canada World erection on various threads on both Skyrise Edmonton and the Skyscraper Edmonton multiple times daily, I would be shocked at how ridiculous of a statement it is to say that the marginally larger population in Calgary is the justification for inequitable treatment.

Side note, does anyone know how to put someone on a block or ignore list on Skyrise?

This person can’t figure out if it is Cal or Van fan……guess which ever one suits itself at the time of its writing. More of an annoying Captain Obvious person……

^ ^^

it would be really interesting to see the seat by seat analysis for the entire province rather than the entire province being presented as a whole...

i think both the ucp and the ndp "get" that the ucp are never going to take edmonton strathcona et al and the ndp are never going to take rimby/rocky mountain house/sundre et al.

my guess is that with the overall percentages virtually a dead heat at 46% +/- 6% ucp and 44% +/- 6% ndp and the seat count projected at 45/42 with 44 seats being a majority, this election will probably hinge on probably not more than 6 or 8 swing ridings in total across the entire province.

The link I sent shows NDP wins in Edmonton and North/Central Calgary.. Lethbridge, Kananaskis and Sherwood Park also project NDP wins.

I can't believe how much people vote against their own interest. If you talk with people of what they truly want they would be closer to the NDP than UCP. Talked with one guy this week in Calgary. He kept blaming Trudeau for everything. It is quite disheartening.

^ ^^

it would be really interesting to see the seat by seat analysis for the entire province rather than the entire province being presented as a whole...

i think both the ucp and the ndp "get" that the ucp are never going to take edmonton strathcona et al and the ndp are never going to take rimby/rocky mountain house/sundre et al.

my guess is that with the overall percentages virtually a dead heat at 46% +/- 6% ucp and 44% +/- 6% ndp and the seat count projected at 45/42 with 44 seats being a majority, this election will probably hinge on probably not more than 6 or 8 swing ridings in total across the entire province.

^
thanks!

I guessed this election will probably hinge on probably not more than 6 or 8 swing ridings in total across the entire province.

at the moment this shows 6 toss-up ridings in calgary, 1 in lethbridge and 1 in edmonton so not a bad guess.

Back