News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

Sooo...

Our government has fired the CEO of Alberta Health Services.

And fired the Province's Chief Medical Officer.

And now fired the entire Alberta Health Services Board.

But it's still business as usual - as bizarre as their usual business continues to be - for those who dictated the working conditions and set the policies and budgets under which all of those fired individuals were forced to operate under.

Why does it seem that the buck is stopping one level below those actually responsible for the circumstances used to justify these firings? Where is the accountability for those who made the decisions and set policy for the past 3 years besides being given new and more Minister roles?

Does anyone - including Premier Smith - actually think that decisions like opening up for Alberta's "best summer ever" or cancelling the Province's contract with our doctors were recommendations from Dr. Hinshaw or Alberta Health Services?

I think it’s at that point when people need to come out and protest for equal funding. This is BS. I don’t see any other way cause the UCP will win again.

Smith gave a speech to Calgary Chamber of Commerce today and highlighted funding model for Calgary mega projects (arena, Deerfoot, train).

It wasn't mentioned in the Herald story but Global News in Edmonton played a clip when Smith was asked about YEG and she 'jokingly' said we need to elect more UCP MLAs.

Sohi was then questioned about the comment and he was extremely diplomatic saying this is not an issue for the city to weigh into.

I wonder if any NDP MLAs representing us will call this out. Notley has been very quiet on these Calgary funding statements from Smith and chooses instead to focus on health and the sovereignty files.

Politics! Politics! Politics!

Last edited:
Smith could do a cheap win by funding all of Edmonton's bike plans for what she wants to spend on the Deerfoot

Back