News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Alberta Politics

I don't disagree with you there and, as much as I'm a Liberal and support both the federal government, the PM and my (possible) MP, I'm furious with JT for not coming to Edmonton. He went to EVERY other major Canadian city, he rallied with George Chahal, but even with two strong candidates in Edmonton (Ben and Randy) he didn't set foot here (as much as I like Chrystia, much more than I'll ever like him, He's still the Prime Minister, a post that I hope someday is hers...).
I noticed this as well, Trudeau campaigned in every major Canadian city with no stop in Edmonton, yet was quite quick to parade around the country pointing at Alberta's COVID situation. If he really wanted to make inroads in Alberta, come to Alberta where Albertan's are the ones suffering from the COVID situation. I digress, but back on to supporting my observations further, Global News Edmonton interviewing Duane Bratt political analyst from Calgary on the provincial government's caucus meetings today in Calgary. It continues to baffle me.

I noticed this as well, Trudeau campaigned in every major Canadian city with no stop in Edmonton, yet was quite quick to parade around the country pointing at Alberta's COVID situation. If he really wanted to make inroads in Alberta, come to Alberta where Albertan's are the ones suffering from the COVID situation. I digress, but back on to supporting my observations further, Global News Edmonton interviewing Duane Bratt political analyst from Calgary on the provincial government's caucus meetings today in Calgary. It continues to baffle me.
The only thing that comes to my mind as for why JT never came here (but Chrystia did, 3 times, more than she went anywhere else) is that the perception about her is fairly positive, even among (more moderate) conservatives and some NDP, whereas there's a lot of bad blood with him and, even more, his old man (which is ridiculous). Chrystia being Albertan and being, probably, the only cabinet minister with some broad recognition (JT tends to shuffle/kick out anyone who dares take the spotlight from him) might've made this choice somewhat "easy" for him.
That said, I'm still upset that he ignored Edmonton completely.

^

you could probably put me in that camp...

i could see myself voting for a party she was leader of (and i could see the same for a party led by jody wilson-raboud or jane philpott or mark garneau or mark carney).

this time around, i voted green rather than simply spoiling a ballot because there was no "none of the above" choice.

I laughed when I recently read a comment from a Calgary poster who said "this government in Edmonton" is a joke. I agree, but I take offense with it being associated with our city especially given the fact that its leader and most of cabinet who are running this gong show are from YYC.

Last edited:
Typical demonization from there. Another one is “all the money goes to Edmonton and we don’t get anything back”
I laughed when I recently read a comment from a Calgary poster who said "this government in Edmonton" is a joke. I agree, but I take offense with it being associated with our city especially given the fact that it's leader and most of cabinet who are running this gong show are from YYC..

Despite being Edmonton's only minister and voice in provincial government , is it really a bad thing that Madu is now stripped of his duties? I don't think so. But I wonder if UCP needs to bring in a non-elected Edmonton rep to be part of their inner circle or something - similar to what Prentice did when appointing Mandel as health minister (not that it had a positive result). Just the UCP has fired many ministers and or MLAs have left or don't want to serve under Kenney. Who is left to fill these cabinet positions?

“The cost of living differential between Calgary, Alberta cities and Vancouver or Toronto is now so extreme that we really think it’s going to start — it is starting — to generate a new wave of interprovincial migration to Alberta,” Kenney said.

Ah, yes. Calgary and those other albertan cities...

Back