News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Alberta Politics

Was curious about the YEG reaction to Smith pandering to Calgary voters and I was not disappointed. I think she has abandoned Edmonton completely because you guys vote against her. This is total Trump level politics. I really hope voters in my city won't be swayed by all her fake promises!

I’m very confident Ms.Trump will be gone as of May 30th….she can wear her MAGA (make Alberta great again) hat all she wants on election night………but the NDP’s will prevail…….

06-A227-FE-E464-44-AA-B395-81-BCC57-CAA25.jpg

ralph-bucks 2.0?

not the most efficient use of $2.4 billion dollars of taxpayer money in my opinion if anyone wants my opinion.

$3.33 per day in $100 per month cheques every month for 6 months leading up to an election? nothing politically calculating about that in the least i’m sure.

the worst part is how little she thinks my vote is worth if she thinks that’s enough to buy my vote - my vote is worth too much to me to let anyone else buy it.

Last edited:
Sooo…

Premier Danielle Smith says she is now seeking a “second medical opinion” but not for herself, for someone else, perhaps even from a homeopathic naturopath?

Does she think that because she is Premier she is now entitled to someone else’s medical information and entitled to intervene in that person’s healthcare and to do so publicly?

She apparently thinks her duty as Premier is to see that an individual who chooses not to accept a vaccine into her body because she thinks it’s experimental is still entitled to be at the top of the transplant list.

If she wins, it would mean she would be entitled to accept an organ from another human being into her body. According to the latest Alberta Health reports, 90.9% of Albertans over the age of 12 have received at least one shot of that experimental vaccine.

Does the Premier also want to give actual medical treatment advice after she has that second opinion? Perhaps she could suggest that the transplant team infuse the organ with hydroxychloroquine and treat the patient with a round of ivermectin in addition to the sometimes experimental anti-rejection drugs and other measures that are part of the transplant protocol she thinks should be ignored?

This isn’t medicine nor is it assisting a constituent, this is campaign electioneering. This matter has been to the courts already and they have ruled in favour of AHS’s rights to determine medical protocols.

If the Premier isn’t prepared to accept court decisions here, how can she expect us to believe she will accept them elsewhere (ie on sovereignty issues) or is she only prepared to accept court decisions that she agrees with?

Last edited:
So very dangerous!! Her pandering to the anti-vac'er, southern, hillbilly, uneducated blue-collar crowd is quite disconcerting. All this preposterous posturing will end at the end on the morning of May 30th. But what of her supporters then? Storm the Legislature akin to Trump's Jan 06th's storming of the US capital? Do we have enough armed guards to thwart off rioters from Medicine Hat wearing Buffalo horns? Or merely 'ol Fred the commissionaire who has held the same seat since Lougheed was in power?

The pollsters suggesting it's a coin toss between the NDP and UCP is interesting as it shows that Smith isn't doing the damage politically most thought would happen, and/or the NDP is really struggling to attract the orphaned conservative voters who don't buy into the more fringe right who have taken over the UCP.

I don't know. I'm really a slightly right leaning filthy centrist at heart, but I did not see a singular redeeming quality about the UCP during Kenney's tenure, never mind now with Smith at the wheel--especially given her political history--the woman at best is a fringe right grifter and political opportunist.

Back