• Two townhouse units on 112 Street
  • Two retail CRUs on 100 Ave
  • 3 bedroom units on upper three floors and townhouses
  • 6 below grade parking levels
  • Parking access concealed with green trellis
  • Masonry on podium
  • Townhouse and retail podium
  • Tower entry on southeast corner
  • Amenity space on the north (but will be in shadow basically all the time)
  • Almost no stepbacks of tower from podium, except townhouses which step out a bit
Honestly Westrich is getting kind of lazy and unimaginative with these proposals.

^ I agree, not liking what they are proposing. Podium is OK, tower massing good, but looks odd.

I disagree -- has a nice rhythm both vertically and horizontally... much better delineation than most proposed highrise residential developments for Edmonton.

Last edited:
To me it looks kinda bad, but that is probably just because the windows in that render are grey and aren't shiny. I'll reserve my judgement until we see a higher quality render.

Based on what is shown in the rendering, it doesn't look too bad, although it is a tad ackward looking. I will also wait for better renderings before I cast a judgement on this.

Last edited:
I don't mind it. It could be better and it could be worse as well. I like what they were trying to do with the glass but i think it needs a little more than just the one chunk.

It will really depend on how much of a difference of colour there is between that curtain wall and the other windows for me. In the render, it still looks incredibly awkward - it reminds me of the Icons. If they distributed the contrast across the whole building, it would be fine, but it looks like two different designs mashed together.

Back