• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Whoa, not sure how I didn't hear about this.

Approx:

1544590222190.png

I just noticed the 30 surface parking stalls and wonder their reasoning behind this? The street parking on the West may be due to it facing the back end of the strip mall on 109th. The North profile is a similar unflattering view of surface parking of Strathcona House.
If feasible a slimmer/taller massing could lesson impact on neighbors to the North. I'm excited for Beljan to move into the mid-rise league!

My family knows Ivan Beljan, and I have to say that I am very impressed with their big leap to a full mid rise!

I think that the tower will be a great addition to the southern line of towers overlooking the valley, but I do agree with Kazien that it would be better if it was slightly slimmer and taller.

TBH I'm not sure I'm feeling this one. Architecturally looks great, but feels like a bit of overdevelopment of the site. Would love to see more townhouse units on the lane, rather than parking stalls.
I really like the scale and the general shape of this one, but would love it if they lost the colors and went black and white.

@Surrealplaces I disagree. I LOVE the inclusion of LED colours on this building and on other buildings like WSP and Mayfair on Jasper. It creates a great street presence and experience for people and still looks awesome from a distance (as long as the area that it's built in is already busy like Downtown or Whyte ave/Garneau). It may be tacky sometimes, but this is the kind of tacky that truly adds something interesting to a building as opposed to just lights from people's suites. Now, I definitely don't think it should be on every single building, but still :)

Last edited:

Back