News   Apr 02, 2020
 5.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.6K     0 

2022/23 Edmonton Oilers and news

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
Evander Kane scores his first goal in an Oiler uniform and it's the first time the Oilers strike first. Now 3-0 against the lowly Habs after 1 period.

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
Evander Kane scores his first goal in an Oiler uniform and it's the first time the Oilers strike first. Now 3-0 against the lowly Habs after 1 period.

He played a really good game. I want to see how this team performs over the next few games leading into the All Star break because one game against the Habs needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but every line seems to have benefited from the increase in winger depth.

Edmontonian

Member Bio
Reaction score
Every team wants the cup but if you've seen some of the competition around I don't think we're going to get it 🤣

I'm still hoping for a Western Conference Finals appearance though I think we can get that. The first 2 rounds (assuming we finish in the top 3 in the pacific) will be between divisional opponents, Kings and Ducks are both young teams I think we can beat. Golden Knights are a 50/50 between us and them the way I see it. I think we are better than the Flames but that mostly depends on how Markstrom plays. Keep in mind the Oilers have a real solid record against the western conference and an amazing record within the division.

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Only saw about 1/2 of the game last night, but we looked sluggish and disconnected with the exception of Nurse.

MK was ok but didn't have the support in front of him.

Yet another missed point.

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
Only saw about 1/2 of the game last night, but we looked sluggish and disconnected with the exception of Nurse.

MK was ok but didn't have the support in front of him.

Yet another missed point.
The ice was complete ass. That’s why the game was so sloppy.

Also Murray stood on his head.

kcantor

Member Bio
Reaction score
The ice was complete ass. That’s why the game was so sloppy.

Also Murray stood on his head.
i think some of that sloppiness might also have come from putting lines that worked well one game prior through the blender instead of letting the good chemistry build.

i also think that shift management - whether that came from on-ice or behind the bench - was non-existent for too much of this game.

either tippet is responsible and should be held accountable or he isn't responsible and should still be held accountable.

and for what it's worth, i think the will and the work ethic still seemed to be there. it's management and direction and consistency of application that seems to be lacking (or seems to think that there really is a "boys on the bus" legacy they can rely on that is an incentive that will carry them through rather than an anchor holding this team back).

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Strong 1st by the Oil and some decent overall play.

A solid W tonight.

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
The only downer is Ovechkin didn't play tonight due to COVID. Can't help but wonder how this game would have fared otherwise.

archited

Member Bio
Reaction score
Projected Line-up for tonight's game -- 08/02/2022

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
'Drop(ped)' was an appropriate word choice.

We were outplayed, out skated and beaten by a group who actually looked liked a team.