News   Apr 02, 2020
 5.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.5K     0 

2021/22 Edmonton Oilers

JNO1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great season Boys!!! If someone would have told me last September that we would lose to Colorado in the Western Conference Final I would have been very happy with that. Having said that, they need to load up and go all in this summer. Winning it all has to be focus and the goal for next year. Three more years for 29 and 4 more for 97 - one cup has to be the minimum goal for the organization. An incredible core, some good young players coming (Holloway, Bourgoult, Broberg, among others) but some darkling shadows in a lack of cap space and some underperforming/overpaid vets on bad contracts. Could be a bit challenging for Holland to be able to make the necessary changes for us to improve on this year's result. Looking forward to following all Oiler related news this summer and the first exhibition game in September.

BrettB

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not surprised there (opens up some cap space), though this fact surprised me:

In 164 games with Edmonton, Koskinen posted a 83-59-13 record with a .907 save percentage and a 2.98 GAA.

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Never liked his positioning or puck vision, but he was better than we gave him credit for, especially given our lack of defence and significant odd-man rush exposure.

That said, 2.98 ain't going to get you very far.

kcantor

Member Bio
Reaction score
^
agreed, it probably needs to be in the 2.50 range although it will remain more of a team statistic than an individual one regardless of where it ends up. as you noted, it can't really be separated from save % and goal differential stats etc. either.

Glenco

Member Bio
Reaction score
I heard the Oilers management have asked Smith and Keith for retirement decisions by July 1st. Although Keith has a $5.5mil cap hit he would ONLY make $1.5mil this year because of the way his contract was structured. If they both retire the Oilers will somehow free up over $9mil cap space.

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Congrats to former Oiler Mike Grier on becoming the next GM of the Sharks.

---

Goalies that the #oilers could get:

-Alexander Georgiev(NYR) SV% 889
-Sergei Bobrovsky(FLA) SV% 913
-James Reimer(SJS) SV% 911
-Jack Campbell(Free Agency) SV% 914
-Darcy Kuemper(Free Agency) SV% 921
-Ville Husso(Free Agency) SV% 919
-Marc-Andre Fleury(Free Agency) SV% 908/910

ChazYEG

Member Bio
Reaction score
Congrats to former Oiler Mike Grier on becoming the next GM of the Sharks.

---

Goalies that the #oilers could get:

-Alexander Georgiev(NYR) SV% 889
-Sergei Bobrovsky(FLA) SV% 913
-James Reimer(SJS) SV% 911
-Jack Campbell(Free Agency) SV% 914
-Darcy Kuemper(Free Agency) SV% 921
-Ville Husso(Free Agency) SV% 919
-Marc-Andre Fleury(Free Agency) SV% 908/910
Husso would be my favorite one, young and somewhat experienced, made playoff twice in two years of NHL. Either Kuemper and Campbell would also be great. Fleury would likely be expensive and he's not to far from hanging the gloves.

Not sure if we'd be making a good deal trading anyone valuable for Georgiev, Reimer or Brobovsky.